Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 09, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Trollied Flyer View Post
they maybe cheap, well cheaper, however still luxury
they are coming up at 300 pounds for a week in may which is ok from my local airport
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 09, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Thomson would be my choice. I wouldn`t touch Thomas Cook with a barge pole!
Old 19 Mar 09, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
Thomson would be my choice. I wouldn`t touch Thomas Cook with a barge pole!
Why is that Fiona? We're travelling with Thomas Cook in May for the very first time, always been with Virgin before.

Caron
Old 19 Mar 09, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

I don't know about TC, a bit biased as I work for Thomson. The service you get for premium is fantastic,with great leg room, upgraded meals,free bar except Champers, individual arm rest TV monitor and priority boarding. Economy has one of the biggest seat pitches you will get from any airline including the leading scheduled ones and is also very comfy.

We travel back and forth quite a lot and have used various UK and US airlines and must say that the comfort is fantastic even in economy. All passengers in Economy this year get free meals (had to pay last year). Seat back entertainment, you can purchase the upgraded version which gives you control of which films you want to watch and also screen freeze.

Cheers

Paul
Old 19 Mar 09, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Why is that Fiona? We're travelling with Thomas Cook in May for the very first time, always been with Virgin before.

Caron
Are you travelling economy or PE with them Caron?
Old 19 Mar 09, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Thomson are fab, we are going with them to Mexico in a few months again, premium is great you have bags of legroom! Really looking forward to flying with them again.
Old 19 Mar 09, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Are you travelling economy or PE with them Caron?
Premium Fiona, only ever flown Economy with Virgin though.

Caron
Old 19 Mar 09, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Premium Fiona, only ever flown Economy with Virgin though.

Caron
We flew economy with Thomas Cook and even though they say there is good legroom, our two sons (one slightly under 6` and the other one 6`1") found it horrendous. The seats weren`t very wide and youngest son is a big lad, rugby player build and he was pretty much wedged in his seat. Crew were awful, really surly and the food was yeuch. I know airline food isn`t the best food in the world, but this was bad even for airline food. My MIL and FIL flew PE with Thomas Cook in January, they`ve flown PE with a lot of airlines (charter and schedule) and found Thomas Cook PE to be the worst. The leg room was good and the seats were wide, but they were very hard and uncomfortable, and people were getting up and rubbing their backisdes because they had got sore and stiff through sitting on such hard seats. My in-laws weren`t impressed with the food either and if my memory serves me right, all the cutlery etc. was plastic, whereas in PE with First Choice (who my in-laws really love) you get proper cutlery, crockery etc. The crew were ok, but that`s it, just ok. I hope you have a better experience with them than my in-laws did.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
Old 19 Mar 09, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We flew economy with Thomas Cook and even though they say there is good legroom, our two sons (one slightly under 6` and the other one 6`1") found it horrendous. The seats weren`t very wide and youngest son is a big lad, rugby player build and he was pretty much wedged in his seat. Crew were awful, really surly and the food was yeuch. I know airline food isn`t the best food in the world, but this was bad even for airline food. My MIL and FIL flew PE with Thomas Cook in January, they`ve flown PE with a lot of airlines (charter and schedule) and found Thomas Cook PE to be the worst. The leg room was good and the seats were wide, but they were very hard and uncomfortable, and people were getting up and rubbing their backisdes because they had got sore and stiff through sitting on such hard seats. My in-laws weren`t impressed with the food either and if my memory serves me right, all the cutlery etc. was plastic, whereas in PE with First Choice (who my in-laws really love) you get proper cutlery, crockery etc. The crew were ok, but that`s it, just ok. I hope you have a better experience with them than my in-laws did.
Thank you for telling me your experience with TC. We'll have to see what our flights are like in May but at least we have Virgin booked for the summer.

Caron
Old 19 Mar 09, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for telling me your experience with TC. We'll have to see what our flights are like in May but at least we have Virgin booked for the summer.

Caron
I hope you have a better experience with TC than we did.
Closed Thread