Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Orlando Magic advice

Hi everyone,

Hoping to go see Orlando Magic either on Sat 19th Nov when they are against Dallas or on Wed 23rd Nov when they are up against Phoenix

Never been to a game before, and its for two adults and two young boys (10 & 8)

Anybody have any suggestions on which is the better game out of the two? We are going for the atmosphere more than anything.

Also have seen tickets on seatgeek and ticketmaster, around $20 each inc fees, is that a reasonable price? if it is I might just book now unless its likely to get cheaper nearer the time?

Also any advice on which stand? 220/216 etc

any other tips greatly appreciated!
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 16, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi - you will have a great time whichever game you go to - always quite an event. So I would just go to whatever match suits your holiday plan really.

We always book tickets on the day of the match, via the Magics website - ticketmaster. Can often get good price return tickets. Can print off the tickets or we download to the phone.

View is always good so not a problem where you sit. Just remember cheaper tickets will be quite high up.

Parking is good around the stadium. Quite a lot of people prebook parking on the website but don't feel you have to. Lots around and close to the stadium.

Have a great time - Come on the Magics !
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been a few times and tbh I don't think it matters who they play if you are just going for the atmosphere. We always sit high up, I try and get middle arena seat though rather than end seats. $20 is a great price I'm looking for February tickets and the cheapest is $40 plus each , it's a fab night out you will love it. We parked underneath the bypass didn't pre book just turns up. Have a great night
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ Quinney
Trying for More Ears

We were looking to go on the Saturday night in area 212 or 213. First time for us too so can't offer any advice except for that we were originally going on the Wednesday night until realising there was a rocket launch over at KSC so off to see that. If you not done that before would highly recommend it
AJ Quinney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

I have literally just booked seats for January this is our 5th visit and the atmosphere has been great at every game so I don't think it matters who they are playing - make sure you get there a little early there's street entertainers that get the kids involved
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by AJ Quinney View Post
We were looking to go on the Saturday night in area 212 or 213. First time for us too so can't offer any advice except for that we were originally going on the Wednesday night until realising there was a rocket launch over at KSC so off to see that. If you not done that before would highly recommend it
Hi, I booked for the Saturday in area 207, seats cost $21.16 inc fees.
I can't see any mention of a shuttle launch on Wednesday, is that Wednesday the 23rd of November? or have we got our wires crossed!
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

The launch is on Wednesday 16 at 4.40.

Tip-off for the Magic game is at 7pm. Go early, around 6. You can go to each floor of the arena, get a drink, have your picture taken with a Magic Cheerleader ( if you see Brittany, say hi, she's family! nba/magic/dancers/ ) The Magic store is good, you can visit there before going into the arena.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The game I'm looking at in Feb is against San Antonio for some reason those tickets are the most expensive ones, typical. Prices starting at $40 plus each. Does anyone know why?
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ Quinney
Trying for More Ears

kennedyspacecenter/events.aspx

As Mark confirmed it is the 16th October
AJ Quinney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 16, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

As a die-hard Magic and NBA fan I would say go and see Dallas. They're a good team (but on the decline) and should play Orlando close leading to an exciting game - hopefully.

And you should get to see Dirk Nowitzki, a genuine NBA legend who doesn't have many more years left.

You probably can't go wrong with either game, but for me it would definitely be the Mavs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread