Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Feb 08, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

:) Tomtom One 3rd Edition USA South East Map Installation.

Hi, having finally taken the plunge, this afternoon I have successfully downloaded and installed the Map of US - South East Region onto my Tomtom One 3rd Edition. This map has all the info for our up and coming trip. The main reason for writing this is because I have just managed to overcome the stumbling blocks Tomtom has put in my way. I think the online instructions are not too bad but I would like to think I am a little “techno savvy”. I checked it had enough memory (the 3rd Edition has no memory card), I updated my application and then I purchased my map. £29.95 is worth every penny if it makes driving easier and it gets me to the apartment in one piece after a long flight and cheaper than £6 per day to rent. Well, all proud of myself, I tried to browse the new map and check all the theme parks are on my little cheap, bottom of the range Satnav. I could not find them anywhere. Two hours searching forums and Tomtoms website I finally cracked it. The most important step is number 7 on the Tomtom How can I download and install maps? Help page. Select your Map on your TomTom device, You are now ready to use your new map. If you have more than one map installed on your TomTom device, you need to select the one you want to use. To select a map on your device, tap Change preferences in the Main menu, and then tap Manage maps > Switch map and then tap on the new map. The new map opens. I hope this will help anyone who becomes stuck like me, knowing the map is on the Satnav but being unable to access it. Not long to go now, counting the days. By the way, we will be taking a map as a back up!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List