Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 11, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Baggage allowance - Thomson Holidays

I was just checking online for the baggage allowance for a package holiday with Thomson. 15kg plus 5kg hand luggage, is that right? I thought it was more when I booked the holiday
Old 5 Apr 11, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
We've booked with Thomson and the allowance is 20kg plus 5kg longhaul, perhaps the 15kg is for shorthaul?
Old 5 Apr 11, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
zaraleo
slightly serious Dibber

yeah ur right shorthaul 15 longhaul 20 u can pay extra for more but u dont get much
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Just checked my booking online and it's definately 20kg plus 5kg hand luggage per person but no bag can exceed 23kg.
Link to this Post
orlando_newbie
Apprentice Imagineer

We're also booked with Thomson and have 20kg each. It think Blondie1979 is correct, it's 15kg for short haul flights. Have you checked your confirmation?

Sept 2015 - Terrace Ridge; July 2013 - Bella Vida;
June/July 2011 & 2012 - Sandy Ridge; June 2010 - Floridays Resort
orlando_newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah okay, phew. I was sure I had read that somewhere but couldn't find it on their website.

We booked through a travel agent, will check the confirmation when I get home! So it should be a total of 25kg?
Old 5 Apr 11, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

I am planning on 20kg checked in plus 5kg hand baggage, I am sure that is right.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 11, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

As of the 1st May, the following allowances take effect.

Premium 20kg/7kg
Standard SH/MH 15kg/5kg
Standard LH 20kg/5kg

However, certain packages, even on long haul will only get 15kg allowance. It is due to the hotel/flight combination that you book. Your allowance will be what it shows on the ticket and not what the travel agent tells you.

Just for example, we had a guy claiming to be a travel agent the other day, trying to travel with 10kg of hand luggage and arguing that he wasn't aware of the hand luggage allowance, even though he deals with TUI. Don't take their word for it as the check-in agents do not use travel agents words, but what you are ticketed for.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 11, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by planesailing View Post

Premium 20kg/7kg
Standard SH/MH 15kg/5kg
Standard LH 20kg/5kg

However, certain packages, even on long haul will only get 15kg allowance. It is due to the hotel/flight combination that you book. Your allowance will be what it shows on the ticket and not what the travel agent tells you.

Just for example, we had a guy claiming to be a travel agent the other day, trying to travel with 10kg of hand luggage and arguing that he wasn't aware of the hand luggage allowance, even though he deals with TUI. Don't take their word for it as the check-in agents do not use travel agents words, but what you are ticketed for.
When I looked on there website it says 23Kg for premium and 7kg of hand luggage
15kg for standard and 20kg for premier
I think premier is for certain hotels.
Hope they do not change premium luggage allowance as we have booked it forr August.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 11, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin68uk
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by planesailing View Post

Premium 20kg/7kg
Standard SH/MH 15kg/5kg
Standard LH 20kg/5kg

My email confirmation, flight only premium, says 30 kg total for luggage and handheld, so are you telling me that is now not valid? (Not that I will get anywhere near that going to sunny Orlando hehe)
kevin68uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread