Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Apr 11, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I thought in premium it was 23kg for checked luggage. Is this wrong?
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 11, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
It used to be 23 for premium holidays - they changed over recently. I'm going on a premium holiday to morocco and just missed out on 23kg and I booked it January. We have 20kg each only going for 10 days so it doesn't really matter.
Old 6 Apr 11, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Erised
Excited about Disney

So, even though we only booked yesterday and our ticket says 23kgs we won't actually be allowed to carry that due to departing past May 1st? Seems a little silly to still let people book and tell them 23kgs when you know they're travelling past the date where it changes
Old 6 Apr 11, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

The new allowance coming into force are for bookings made after the 16th Dec 2010.

If you booked after that you will have the new allowance, if booked before that you will have had whatever allowance was in place at that time.

Hence why gemmybear83's January booking is at the new allowance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 11, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

In response, the baggage amounts listed above are what we were briefed on recently. I *presume* that the ticketed amount will be honoured. Eventually after a period of time, all of the tickets with the old amounts will have travelled and tickets only issued with the new amounts will be around.

Originally Posted by queenofthenile View Post
When I looked on there website it says 23Kg for premium and 7kg of hand luggage
15kg for standard and 20kg for premier
I think premier is for certain hotels.
Hope they do not change premium luggage allowance as we have booked it forr August.
Premier, Platinum, Gold, A la Carte etc are all different types of package depending on the hotel part of the package. At present they come with 23kg, which I expect to see drop to 20kg. Previously there were only one or two types of packages which came with 15kg, but there will now be more ticket types with 15kg.

My email confirmation, flight only premium, says 30 kg total for luggage and handheld, so are you telling me that is now not valid? (Not that I will get anywhere near that going to sunny Orlando hehe)
As above, I expect it that all published tickets will have their baggage allowances honoured, but I haven't had confirmation yet.

It used to be 23 for premium holidays - they changed over recently. I'm going on a premium holiday to morocco and just missed out on 23kg and I booked it January. We have 20kg each only going for 10 days so it doesn't really matter.
A fair number of tickets coming through at the moment are definately showing the reduced amount, I have seen quite a number on the MBA and LIR flights.

So, even though we only booked yesterday and our ticket says 23kgs we won't actually be allowed to carry that due to departing past May 1st? Seems a little silly to still let people book and tell them 23kgs when you know they're travelling past the date where it changes
E-TKT or have you booked a package holiday where you will receive a ticket booklet?
Old 6 Apr 11, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Erised
Excited about Disney

Flight only, booked through thomson.co.uk. It says we won't get a ticket, so assume E-ticket.

It says:

Important notice:
Premium service: Meals and Check-in luggage included
30 kg for Long Haul destinations (hand and hold luggage)
Later on in the confirmation email it says:

All Premium Seat customers are entitled to a free hand luggage allowance of up to 7kg in addition to any purchased check in luggage
So I assume that means 23kgs hold baggage?
Old 6 Apr 11, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Now I'm confused... We booked in Nov to fly in June but on flight only. We upgraded to PE and I thought we had 20kgs plus 5kgs for hand luggage... Does that mean we have a little extra we weren't expecting to have?
Old 6 Apr 11, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

If you do a dummy booking online they are still saying 23kg and 7kg in PE, seems a bit of a con to me, they should say on there that they are going to change it.

Edited at 03:30 PM.
Old 6 Apr 11, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread