Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 14, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post

New York wedding vs Disney Wedding

Hello everyone,

I'm new here but am in the process of planning my Disney Weddingmoon and wondered if anyone had any useful tips/advice.

Bit of background: got engaged at Saratoga Springs last September, and have booked the honeymoon part at Disney World for October 2015. Our (more me to be honest) initial plan was to have an official Disney wedding with the Escape package, but doing further research, and adding the price on to the cost of the holiday and flights it's just working out so expensive. It's literally going to be just me and my boyfriend, no guest, no fuss, a very simple celebration. I wouldn't want a cake/violinist/reception, but I don't think removing these from the package is an option? I read that an officiant isn't included in the price either. It looks like we're now going to fly to New York, have a County Clerks ceremony and fly on to Orlando after that.

I'm sure many of you have had Escape weddings so would be interested in your experiences? Also if you had planned a Disney wedding, but then decided to go a different route and just honeymoon there instead you're input would be great!

Thanks!
Nicola
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessyka1990
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think going to ny and having a disneymoon after would be lovely,
We also looked at the escape wedding and felt it too pricey,
We are now marrying on vegas and doing a west coast tour, including disneyland,

Happy planning, whatever you choose xxx
Jessyka1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

I had my wedding in new york and then flew down to disney for my honeymoon. It was perfect!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by littleyurmaid View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but am in the process of planning my Disney Weddingmoon and wondered if anyone had any useful tips/advice.

Bit of background: got engaged at Saratoga Springs last September, and have booked the honeymoon part at Disney World for October 2015. Our (more me to be honest) initial plan was to have an official Disney wedding with the Escape package, but doing further research, and adding the price on to the cost of the holiday and flights it's just working out so expensive. It's literally going to be just me and my boyfriend, no guest, no fuss, a very simple celebration. I wouldn't want a cake/violinist/reception, but I don't think removing these from the package is an option? I read that an officiant isn't included in the price either. It looks like we're now going to fly to New York, have a County Clerks ceremony and fly on to Orlando after that.

I'm sure many of you have had Escape weddings so would be interested in your experiences? Also if you had planned a Disney wedding, but then decided to go a different route and just honeymoon there instead you're input would be great!

Thanks!
Nicola
We r renewing our vows on Saturday in NYC, Train 2 DC, then road trip down 2 Florida Woop Woop. I will let u know how it goes xxxx
Old 27 Jul 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by nikkiturps View Post
We r renewing our vows on Saturday in NYC, Train 2 DC, then road trip down 2 Florida Woop Woop. I will let u know how it goes xxxx
Also it will only b the the 4 of us. Xx
Old 27 Jul 14, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

amazing sounds great! Oooh a road trip, we were planning to fly internally, but netiher of us are great flyers so are considering different options! Have a fab time x
Old 28 Jul 14, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Why don't you look at the memories collection at Disney? It sounds more suitable to your requirements

I know nothing about New York weddings sorry!
Old 28 Jul 14, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post

There are other options around Disney which are lots cheaper. For example you can get married at Fultons which is a steamer boat at down town disney or the swan and dolphin or Cyprus grove.

There is lots of info on the wedding forum.
Old 28 Jul 14, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I got married in Disney's Wedding Pavillion and had the reception at Grand Floridian on the Commander's Terrace. There were 9 of us in total. It was worth every penny, we were very well looked after.

If it's just the 2 of you this package might not be suitable. As Becsluvwws says try others Orlando options but NY would be lovely also.
Old 30 Jul 14, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

As Tabz said the Memories Disney package sounds like it would better suit you if you still wanted a Disney wedding or you can just go to the court house in Orlando rather than NY to save some cash.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread