Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 14, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Vegas solo ?

Just a general opinion really, I'd love to go back next year but it's probably going to be alone, do you think Vegas is a good place to be as a single man? I would spend a lot of time around the pool although you then think I can do that in Spain lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm female lol but Vegas is definitely somewhere i would go to alone, but (and everyone is different) i probably wouldn't go there just for a pool holiday when i could go somewhere alot closer.

There is so much to do in Vegas i know i definitely wouldn't be bored .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh I agree, the pool would figure but exploring would be foremost, anyone know how easy it is to get around without a car, I mean places like the local Walmart etc
Old 25 Jul 14, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
We do have a car and tbh i wouldn't go without one, queuing for buses in the heat is not my idea of fun, but plenty of people manage perfectly well in Vegas using taxi's and buses.

I can't imagine it costs much to get to Walmart on Tropicana Ave which is about the nearest to the strip.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm a female in my 30s and I've been to Vegas solo 4 times and I love it! My solo trips are my favourite, doing what I want, when I want. Eating where I want without the usual, 'where do you want to eat? I don't mind, where do you want to eat?' Lol I've been to shows on my own. Thousands of people are in Vegas solo everyday for holidays, conventions etc no one knows you're solo except you there's a great website for Vegas solo, I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links, vegassolo

Have Fun!
Old 26 Jul 14, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I have had a week solo a few years ago, I did a week in Vegas (Tropicana) and a week in Florida.

I like playing the slots and there was one area in the Tropicana where the 1c slots were and I had a regular cocktail waitress who would always look after me if she saw me there.

I went in December so didn't go near the pool but Vegas is one of those places where being on your own doesn't matter.

Go for it!
Old 26 Jul 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Might Say
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm a bloke and I've been vegas solo four times and loved all of them.

I usually get bladdered one night ($2 Coronas!) and chat to loads of different people. Then the other days/nights just do the other things.

I love the place. I'll probably be back in the autumn.
Some Might Say is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Cheers all, looks like it could be Vegas in 2015 then
Old 6 Aug 14, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post

i was just about to ask the same question. after 3 visits with my son, his new girlfreind wants their holidays together so am left on my lonesome. i was thinking about june/ ju;ly time next year
Old 6 Aug 14, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by scotsman64 View Post
i was just about to ask the same question. after 3 visits with my son, his new girlfreind wants their holidays together so am left on my lonesome. i was thinking about june/ ju;ly time next year
I reckon you would have a fab time :-)

You've been enough times to know what its like and i'm sure you would meet other people.

My friend goes to the NASCAR in March like we do and travels solo i think next year is his 12th time in a row. He loves it, can do what he want when he want's.
Closed Thread