Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Aug 05, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Operational reasons gernally means that the loads are not high enough to make the route worthwhile. I can understand this, as it is a costworthy excersise. Overall, you dont really loose too much, Ive done the later flight twice before, and to be fair, it takes off almost after VS027 normally does anyway!
Virgin arent loosing people on thsi route, as they can fill 3 flights a day to MCO during the peak season!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 05, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post

really hope you get this sorted out but after my journey to the states with Virgin i'd never fly with them again
Old 8 Aug 05, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

My flight out on the 7th September and the return on 21st September have been cancelled and I was on premium economy - however I have just rang Virgin and they have transferred me on to VS015 and VS016 respectively and still in premium economy so I am happy!
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 05, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
flying-dutchman
Excited about Disney

flying-dutchman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You canonly take Virgin as you find...

We have been going out to Florida/USA for 20 years with them in September and have NEVER had our flight rearranged... (other than for major hurricanes! )

I can understand the frustrations, but as an earlier post said, it is only a very very small part of your holiday...

There are worse things that could happen!

mr F-D
2004 - Pop Century:
2003 1999 1994- All Star
flying-dutchman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 05, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

I am not in total agreement that the flight is only a small part of the trip. If you make arrangements for internal flights, people meeting you etc. if they change the flight then these have to be changed too. We were booked to return on VS16 on 20th Sept but because I upgraded us to Upper Class they said there was no room on VS16, so that we would have to come back on VS28! Now they have cancelled VS28 and put us in Upper class that had no room in it before :-( Plus of course it also means that the seats we wanted and had pre-booked were already taken on VS16. And they didn't even have the decency to let us know directly! I will think about other carriers in the future despite being a flying club member.
Old 15 Aug 05, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Virgin have made a mistake... again

I emailed them about our cancelled flight on the 14th Sept as we received a letter from them on the 5th August stating it had been cancelled but did not show our flight for the 14th as Cancelled on the Virgin Atlantic website

I today (10 days later) received a reply to my email saying that this was an error and the letter was sent by mistake and that our flight had not been cancelled

I find this discusting. Not only did I wait 10 days for a reply but I bet they would not of imformed me if I had'nt checked the V.A website. It was only bought to light as I sent them an email so I would of arrived at the airport for the later flight only to find I missed my flight

I am worried now that when my tickets arrive they may put the wrong flight details on as they have been so unproffesional

I always thought that Virgin were the best but now I have doubts about that

I wanted my holiday to run smoothly but now have this worry in the back of my mind only 4 weeks before we go

A unhappy Virgin customer

Mandy
Old 15 Aug 05, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Catherine
Imagineer

Thats awfull service, i hope you get it all sorted out.

Catherine
Catherine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 05, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPlanner73
Apprentice Imagineer

we are in the process of booking flydrive for 21st aug 06 - 03 sept 06 and trying to decide between virgin/ba or tcd. could anyone offer some help !