Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 12, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Planning Family Holiday Help!

Hello Everyone
Im looking on planning another Holiday to florida but this time im going to be taking my mum and dad and sister and her husband and child and most important of all my family which in total is 6 people, I want to take eveyone so that will be 11 people i know it sounds alot! lol its going to be a holiday of a life time! we want to go in 2014 so we have enough time to plane eveything.
We are looking to stay round the davenport area as in july we stayed in four corners which was lovely! but this time we want a diffrent villa location we are looking at ones in hampton lakes which seems very nice, we are really looking at a 7 bedroom but 6 will do. Its so difficult trying to please everyone!
With flight we would like to fligh with virgin but on there website it says you can do group bookings more than 8 people so im looking to do that does anyone know of any discount on doing this? as it will be a lot of money!
Im trying to do things with discounts as a big family holiday will be a lot of money so where i can save i will. I hope someone can help thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 12, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
josephus_fl
slightly serious Dibber

josephus_fl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would book it all independently which should work out cheaper and give you more control and flexibility.

As a bare minimum I would consider getting 2 cars instead of a mini bus that would fit you all in. I would also price up two villas instead of one big one. The two villas will almost certainly be more expensive but if they are next to each other it's probably worth it.
josephus_fl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 12, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I am always in charge of booking our family holidays and there are 13 of us! This is made up of 4 separate families. We always stay onsite so, a bit different from you. I have found that when booking flights if you call and book them all together you 'usually' get something discounted but you need to ask! Not sure about the villa... not brave enough to takle 13 of us in one house yet I like sticking to our own hotel room but next to each other!
Old 2 Nov 12, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
harwood1667
Serious Dibber

harwood1667's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We went in May this year 11 of us & we stayed in a 6 bedroom villa. We booked through TCD & we also had 3 seperate cars so if we wanted to do our own thing on different days we could. We had no problems at all & everything went really well considering there were o many of us in one villa
Old 2 Nov 12, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
DIY would be a cheaper option for you as a Tour operator will charge a high price for a 7 bed because they will charge you an under occupancy supplement as the home can sleep 14 and you only have 11, they do this because they will work out your cost on a per person basis.

You could look at a fly drive and book you villa separately that way you will know exactly were you will be staying and know exactly what amenities you will be getting in the villa, you will then also still have the ABTA / ATOL cover as a fly drive is classed as a package.

To be honest I would price up all 3 options, DIY, Fly drive and package that way you will be able to see the savings.

Have fun planning.

Steve

Edited at 07:44 PM.
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

hiya
we have always gone as a big family over the last 15 years, and last time 2010 there was 21 of us did start with 10 of us 15 years ago , we stay in a hotel so we had 5 rooms last time and had a 15 seater and 2 cars but always went to the same parks as it was more fun for the kids all 12 of them, but next year there will be just my 7 plus dd boyfriend, as my brother is going in sept due to work and my sister wants to leave it till 2015 and my mum is not up to the parks due to health and i can plan it all my way now which i'm loving lol
try tcd for your flights as there are virgin and are cheaper the going to virgin but i would price it up everyway first
happy planning x
Old 2 Nov 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread