Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 12, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
madmadamemim
Getting Excited

Virgin Atlantic customer satisfaction

I've been reading lots of bad things on here recently about Virgin and just wanted to post something good!

Nothing exciting but I rang Virgin Atlantic last night to enquire about using airmiles to upgrade and got through to a lady called Jay and she was SUPER HELPFUL.

I've spoken to people in the Indian call centre on numerous occasions and they never seem to know what I'm talking about (booked with VH so was wanting to know if we could change the class of our economy tickets in order to upgrade using airmiles). Jay got it straight away, explained the procedure and then checked to see if there was any availability. She said our flight was full but then recommended extra leg room seats (something I would have wanted anyway). At £20 pp each way I think this is good value (I'm sure someone will come on and tell me extra leg room aren't worth it, lol).

She also asked if we had our car parking sorted for the airport. Again, it was as if she read my mind. I'd been online to check the perks of being a virgin frequent flyer and seen that they had deals with airport parking so Jay was able to sort all that for me as well.

She was lovely, extremely helpful and I feel I could ring her about anything. She even volunteered her full name and extension number (not had this before either!) so if I face anymore flight dilemmas I will be sure to call Jay
madmadamemim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

It's good to read something good for once Though, it is Jay's job to link sell and offer you various options - car parking, overnight stay, seat upgrade etc. You'll have been her dream! The number of people they must have ringing to complain or just to check without actually making a purchase/upgrade.
I'm glad we have an instance of good customer service read
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

I'll tell you the extra legroom is definitely worth it.

We had exit row seats for £40each outbound and extra legroom on the return for £20each, I'd always do the £20 option in future. Absolute bargain and those couple of inches makes all the difference.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I've spoken to their special assistance team a couple of times and they've been really helpful too. I've not experienced anything bad with them yet lol. I suppose we'll find out in September if it works out as well as they've told me!
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

I've also spoke with Special Assistance and I can't say enough good things about them. I was quick to write on the Virgin FB page about their great sevice as it seemed all I was reading was how bad they were!
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by almcg View Post
I've also spoke with Special Assistance and I can't say enough good things about them. I was quick to write on the Virgin FB page about their great sevice as it seemed all I was reading was how bad they were!
I take it everything they assured you they'd sort out at the airport was then?

They've told me we'll get wheelchair service to the gate, priority boarding to help my daughter and partner settle before being pushed and shoved by other passengers and then they'll have a wheelchair or her special needs buggy brought up to the door when we disembark.

Did they help you with this?
Old 26 Jul 12, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by madmadamemim View Post
She also asked if we had our car parking sorted for the airport. Again, it was as if she read my mind. I'd been online to check the perks of being a virgin frequent flyer and seen that they had deals with airport parking so Jay was able to sort all that for me as well.:
Can I ask if the price for car parking was a good price. My own experience is that its generally cheaper to book direct and not through your holiday company as they want their cut
Old 26 Jul 12, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

can you or anyone else tell me where are the extra legroom seats postioned in the new refit planes, as we travel in dec and are presuming we shall have a new plane, the seats cant be exit ones as my hubby is disabled and not quick on his feet, also we are travelling with under 16's so they also cant have exit seats. We were due to have bulkheads, but my nephew is no longer coming so it seems unfair to take up these when we dont have a baby with us anymore, also can we book extra leg room seats for 13 of us to sit together.

Edited at 08:18 PM.
Old 26 Jul 12, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Extra Legroom are different allocations to exit row seats, as the exit row seats cost more!

If you book extra legroom seats, you will NOT get exit row seats.

I'm not sure how 13 people could sit together on an exit row!
Old 26 Jul 12, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks I meant to say extra leg room seats for us all to sit together, our seat choice as stated was bulkheads 2x3 & 2x4 config, think that the refit are the same in config, but not sure where the extra leg room seats would be situated and now thinking of paying the extra for these, but unsure if its still the same config so we could sit together as planned
Closed Thread