Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 13, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Hoping to go in July 2014

Hi

I have some questions. Have been to Florida before in October 2004 and April 2007. First thing is how much hotter and busier is it in July school hols. I am limited to choice for a 2 week holiday as I work in a school.

Also went to maingate lakeside last time as I prefer not to drive and they have transport. Reviews at the moment are awful for this hotel has it really gone downhill that much? Have looked at comfort suites kissimmee seems ok but are there any other suggestions for a non driver?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 13, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I have been in April and July. April was Easter however and so was busy.

In July everyday we went was a 10 on touring plans which is a busy as it gets (apart of course from major holidays when the park can close. Its hotter in July and stickier unfortunately. Its also easily manageable. Get to the parks early and leave just after lunch back to the pool, returning in the evening. Staying all day in the heat is exhausting. However if it were me I would drive. Standing around waiting for transport is not my idea of fun in the heat and you are reliant on the hotel transport times of operation. Also in July it is very likely to absolutely pour down with rain for a brief period every afternoon. Easier to manage this if you have your own transport.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 13, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Hi and welcome,

If you could travel during August, you would find the crowd levels lower than July, and even more so towards the end of August.

We generally go right at the end of July or early August, and by using the various busy days guides/park crowd levels, Fastpasses, and morning Extra Magic Hours when staying on-site, we have very rarely waited longer than 20 minutes for any ride in Disney.

As noted above, the humidity is high so the temperature does feel even hotter, but we tend to take frozen bottled water into the parks with us, make sure we visit plenty of indoor attractions (or anywhere indoors with air conditioning! ), and carry a couple of face flannels which we soak and keep over our necks, the latter being surprisingly effective.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 13, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

We're also stuck with school holidays and so we're also going in July 2014. We went this time in 2011 and it was busy but nowhere near as bad as when we went at Easter. It was 90 degrees plus each day and we had a couple of heavy thunderstorms. As long as you get into the parks early and use fastpass wisely then it's fine.
Without a car, I'd choose to stay on site as we found the buses really busy when we stayed off without transport. That was worse than waiting in line for the rides! There is no fun sitting on the TTC car park at midnight in 80 degree heat surrounded by the stink of diesel.

Edited at 07:37 PM.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 13, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jules_ni1
Very Serious Dibber

We go every July, getting to the parks early and leaving early as its roasting. We head back to the hotel/ villa sometimes in the afternoon for a swim and would go back to the parks in the evening.

We rarely queue for more than 30 mins (dh just wont anyway) and when you are early you can make a beeline to the most popular rides! It does rain heavily every day but that also means that people tend to leave the parks. We wait!

We used to stay on IDrive but always drive. Once we decided to wait on the trolley and it was so hot and draining I hated it, and it was bunged. I honestly wouldnt go without a car, as part of the fun for us is driving about and seeing places that youd like to stop. However if you feel you really can't drive many hotels have shuttles to the parks but again you'll have to wait around and wont be as flexible.
Old 7 Apr 13, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread