Old 15 Apr 12, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
In San Francisco I recommend the Sheraton at Fishermans Wharf. As for the Golden Gate Bridge, we hired bikes and cycled across it,which was a great experience. Also try the Bordins chowder served in a bowl made of bread. Alcatraz is definitely worth a trip as are the cable cars and Coit tower.

Wayne.
I did suggest cycling in San Fran to the parents but they dont think they could do it! haha so it might be one for me and my DBF

Thanks a lot!
Old 18 Apr 12, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Aww the plans sound great I would no way have the nerve to leave the hotel and just find somewhere when I am there- that is some nerve :p I like to know when I am going to be! I can't wait to read your TR when you're back.
Old 18 Apr 12, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Originally Posted by MFras23 View Post
Aww the plans sound great I would no way have the nerve to leave the hotel and just find somewhere when I am there- that is some nerve :p I like to know when I am going to be! I can't wait to read your TR when you're back.
haha well if it was down to be i would book all the hotels but my mums determined on having a fly drive like she used to as a kid so we gotta let her have her way!
thanks for reading
Old 18 Apr 12, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Tix4tonite will def save you money, they sell attraction tickets too... my Madame Tussards tickets were about half price from there..

As for shows, well its all down to taste...I saw peepshow last yr which was fab , but i travelled with my kids this yr so my choices were more limited lol
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 12, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Tix4tonite will def save you money, they sell attraction tickets too... my Madame Tussards tickets were about half price from there..

As for shows, well its all down to taste...I saw peepshow last yr which was fab , but i travelled with my kids this yr so my choices were more limited lol
haha thanks thats great will check them out!
Just found out the WOC ariels grotto package will have finished by the time im there - really gutted about that!
Old 20 Apr 12, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Chelsey not had a hance to read your whole trippy yet ( baby awake now) but you are doing the same trip as i did for my honeymoo ( i didnt do LA though) if there is anything you would like recommended please pm me - we did KA at MGM Grand ( was amazing) - I love the MGM Grand as a hotel its huge though - ( we didnt stay there though- was our 2nd choice), also we hiked the Grand Canyon was amazing - had lunch sitting on the canyon - sureal

Off to try read the rest

L xx
Old 20 Apr 12, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Caught up - brillant plans so far brings back so many memories for me.

I would agree with the others book Yosemite before going - it extremly busy in the summer and not much places to stay in the actual park. I was very surprised how massive Yosemite is - its very huge with little tiny windy roads. We stayed outside Yosemite in a lovely B&B - on the merced river - was beautiful - about 30 mins drive in each day to the centre -

I also agree mariposa grove was amazing trip - again so sureal

L x
Old 20 Apr 12, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Sounds absolutely Amazing chelsea ! iv e always wanted to go to the west coast but finding it hard to stray from Florida!
Hope you all have a great time and the planing is part of the excitement i think ! xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 12, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Originally Posted by vitfa View Post
Caught up - brillant plans so far brings back so many memories for me.

I would agree with the others book Yosemite before going - it extremly busy in the summer and not much places to stay in the actual park. I was very surprised how massive Yosemite is - its very huge with little tiny windy roads. We stayed outside Yosemite in a lovely B&B - on the merced river - was beautiful - about 30 mins drive in each day to the centre -

I also agree mariposa grove was amazing trip - again so sureal

L x

Thanks a lot!
I have been looking into places to stay near yosemite and was quite shocked by the small ammount of accomodation so will definately be booking that one!

Originally Posted by princess lola View Post
Sounds absolutely Amazing chelsea ! iv e always wanted to go to the west coast but finding it hard to stray from Florida!
Hope you all have a great time and the planing is part of the excitement i think ! xxx
Thanks for reading hun!
Dont worry im getting my florida fix next year!
Old 18 Jun 12, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Ok im back !
I no its been sooo long but i had my uni hand in today and now im free for summer and free to plan/look forward to cali!

We have made a few changes since last time
You might have seen that i was a little concerned that one day in Yosemite would not be enough well heres the new plan

Drive down from vegas on the 1st september and arrive at Jupiter springs lodge in mammoth lakes to stay the night, the hotel looks beautiful and im really looking forward to spending the night in such a beautiful location

mammothmountain/Lodgi...SpringsResort/

the next morning we plan on setting off early and heading onto yosemite national park to spend the day here

we have booked to stay at americas best value inn at yosemite westgate, which is just outside the park

so we will spend the night here after yosemite,

we then have the option of the of the next day either returning to yosemite for half a day and then heading onto san francisco for the evening or if we feel we have covered yosemite the day before we will head straight to san francisco

We have now decided we will be booking all our hotels as we are starting to worry about getting rooms! so far left is san francisco and san deigo left,

San Francisco is coming out a lot more expencive than we thought so we are looking at renting a holiday home instead, there are some really beautiful terrace houses in san francisco so that could be nice, in san diego we are looking at staying at the holiday inn downtown

hisandiegodowntown/

we are hoping to visit seaworld, san diego zoo and coronado whilst in san diego so hopefully this hotel is central for them

Well thats all to update you on for now but i promise my next post wont take as long as this one did!