Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 24 Mar 12, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Orlando Flex ticket - parking

I have been informed in another thread that paying for parking at for example Seaworld would mean I could visit Aquatica the same day and pay no additional fee. However if I go to Un / IOA then I would need to pay an additional parking fee.

However this seems to contradict the above statement:

Redeem this voucher at any front gate ticket window located at Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, Wet 'n
Wild Orlando or the Guest Relations window at either SeaWorld Orlando or Aquatica to receive your Orlando FlexTicket.
l This ticket is valid for entry to Universal Studios Florida, Universal's Islands of Adventure, paid entertainment venues of Universal
CityWalk, SeaWorld, Aquatica and Wet 'n Wild for a total of up to fourteen consecutive calendar days which includes the first day any
park or CityWalk portion of the ticket is used.
l This ticket allows you to visit all parks on the same day, should you so wish. Visiting one or more parks on the same day is
considered a single day's use of the ticket.
l Ticket does not include admission to special, seperately ticketed events
l Parking fee required at first park each day; present that day's parking receipt for parking at other parks on the same day.

Also i have an e-ticket which will need to be exchanged for real tickets. I believe that the e-ticket is exchanged at Guest Services. Is this located before the main turnstyles to the parks?

Thanks
Simon
sgrech is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 12, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

not sure about seaworld, but we exchanged our e-ticket at Universal. we simply went to the normal ticket sales booth, and they did it there.

As for parking, I think you are correct. On your ticket you get 6 parks, of which Universal and IOA are classed as separate, so you pay to park there. the others like seaworld, and aquatica I believe you can share the parking ticket on those only. i never tried it, as I only went to one park per day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 12, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Someone must have tried it!?
sgrech is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 12, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
prt2
Very Serious Dibber

One parking charge per day ... Just keep the ticket ... At $15 just as well ...
prt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 12, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by prt2 View Post
One parking charge per day ... Just keep the ticket ... At $15 just as well ...
So you have successfully used the same parking ticket at Universal (or IOA) and Seaworld / Aquatica?
Old 25 Mar 12, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
not sure about seaworld, but we exchanged our e-ticket at Universal. we simply went to the normal ticket sales booth, and they did it there.

As for parking, I think you are correct. On your ticket you get 6 parks, of which Universal and IOA are classed as separate, so you pay to park there. the others like seaworld, and aquatica I believe you can share the parking ticket on those only. i never tried it, as I only went to one park per day
Was hoping to avoid to the normal ticket sale booths as there are likely to me busier, alhtough having said that we will be arriving very early the first day With Universal / IOA is scheduled to open at 9am that day, is it like disney in that you can get into the park before this time but not get on any rides until the rope drop or does it work some other way?
Old 25 Mar 12, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Re parking, I can't speak from experience but have always understood that with a FlexTicket you pay once per day regardless of which parks you visit, which is advertised as a benefit of these tickets ("FREE parking. Only pay for parking once if you visit more than one park on the same day" at the official site: orlandoflexticket/p...et-information).

It's different with combo tickets from other vendors where they supply separate tickets for the two park groups and so don't have this benefit but if you go for the branded FlexTicket then you have one ticket for all five/six parks and can save on the parking if you hop between them on the same day.
Old 25 Mar 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Confirmed with Guest Services in Orlando, that if you possess a Flexticket you only pay parking once a day no matter how many parks you hop to. That is good news and I can now amend my plan somewhat.
Old 25 Mar 12, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I would keep an eye on the opening times for US / IOA - several 9am starts have been brought back to 8am recently.

Even then - an 8am start might see the queue being let in 10-15 minutes early dependant on how busy it is. Plus it is a 10-15 minute walk from the parking garage - plus retrieving your voucher tickets etc.
Old 25 Mar 12, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sgrech
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I would keep an eye on the opening times for US / IOA - several 9am starts have been brought back to 8am recently.

Even then - an 8am start might see the queue being let in 10-15 minutes early dependant on how busy it is. Plus it is a 10-15 minute walk from the parking garage - plus retrieving your voucher tickets etc.
Thanks Gill. I think that we arrive at the park super early on Thursday morning as we will still very much on UK time!
Closed Thread