Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 14, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Can't get my head round the inside ones personally, and no, i haven't tried them. Isn't the point of a cruise to be able to stand in your pj's watching the world go by? For me it was the thing I loved the most.

Just offering an alternative point of view!
I think it depends on what sort of cruise it is. The OP is planning on January, we've cruised in January with a balcony but it was too cold to sit out.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 14, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Can't get my head round the inside ones personally, and no, i haven't tried them. Isn't the point of a cruise to be able to stand in your pj's watching the world go by? For me it was the thing I loved the most.

It's always interesting to get others' perspectives, so probably one for the OP to know what they are looking for from the cruise. My reason for cruising is the activities, food, cocktails, entertainment. I really love to sit outside for breakfast and I do enjoy the odd five minutes on a lounger (though saying that, we didn't actually do that in Feb!). Before we cruised, I felt we would be on the balcony all the time. However, on our first seven night cruise we used the balcony exactly twice so it was a shameful waste of money for us. We don't really spend any time in the room at all, except to sleep, shower and change

It's great that we all want different things though
Old 21 Aug 14, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13

We only sleep in our cabin .. The ships tend to travel overnight, so you can stare as much as you like out to sea, but very often you won't see a thing but darkness!

I suppose the choice is more pertinent if you are watching your pennies .. I'd much rather sail in inside cabins twice a year than just the once with a veranda. If I was rich, of course I'd have a veranda each time, but seriously, we love inside rooms and they are fantastic for allowing you to sleep in as they are pitch black!
Old 22 Aug 14, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

We have just come off the Magic we had an inside cabin that was so big compared to other inside cabins we have stayed in...Princess Ncl etc.
It was me DH and 2 Dgds...it was so well laid out that we never got in each others way.
I think that there are not enough hours in a day to do everything that is offered onboard...so you would not spend a lot of time in the cabin anyway.
The top bunk comes down at night and is put away in the day.
We were in room 7565...I so wish we were on that ship now...It was our 9th cruise and I have never enjoyed a cruise so much as this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1008.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	56910   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1032.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	56911   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7356.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	56912   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7359.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	56913   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7358.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	56914  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7357.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	56915   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7378.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	56916  

Edited at 11:18 AM.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
oohoohmonkey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by toffeecush1on View Post
We are thinking of doing a cheeky little 2 week break in January and would like to do a 7 seven night cruise, trying to keep the costs down we were thinking of booking an inside cabin. I am worried they will feel claustrophobic.

Do they feel small and stuffy? Any pictures would be great. We are thinking of room 6015 or 6637 on Magic.

Thanks
We had deluxe inside on the Magic rather than standard and enjoyed the extra space this afforded for teenage DD. Inside was great for sleeping in the dark and we hardly saw the cabin tbf. If trying to keep cost down would always be happy with inside. Although we have opted for oceanview next year as it is DH first cruise with ALL my family so may need a little extra time in the cabin for a relax.
oohoohmonkey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7

Edited at 08:15 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread