Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 14, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post

More HHN Confusion!

Hi all, a little long winded so bear with me-

I already purchased my two day park tickets months ago before HHN was announced
Then when we dates were announced, we realised we could go to HHN on Opening night, which is the last day of our holiday
We went on the HHN website, and purchased 2 "General Admission" tickets, and 2 express passes for the 19th September

Then, I read a lot of people saying that you couldn't purchase the single night tickets online, and they must be bought on the door. I was confused, as I figured that this was what I had purchased, so I emailed Universal. (they took about a week to respond). This is what they said-

"You have purchased admission and Express access to Halloween Horror Nights on September 19th. However, as you mentioned you have already purchased day-time admission to your parks, we recommend cancelling your Halloween Horror Nights admission tickets and repurchasing the items at the entrance of the park.

We offer discounted Halloween Horror Nights admission to guests that already have day-time admission to our parks. Currently, your admission to Halloween Horror Nights is $95.99+tax per person. You qualify for the Halloween Horror Nights Add-on ticket which would be $56.99+tax."

So it turns out that General admission, must be admission to the park and to the event.
Posting in case anyone has made the same mistake as me. I have read the website over and over, and the tickets, the tickets even say "Must be used with a valid park admission ticket" so I presumed I had bought the add on! Really not clear at all!
Not sure if I'm even going to bother cancel now, we go a week on Thursday and I'm worried that they will have sold out on the door?

Edited at 02:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rina2012
slightly serious Dibber

It's frustrating you can't buy the add on ticket online if you already have your park tickets

we've purchased the frequent fear with express passes as didn't want to risk turning up on the night to purchase at the gate and it being sold out (as close to halloween).

If you're going in September I would assume it won't be sold out, check out the HHN blog (if you google it) it'll give you a rough busy day guide for the HHNs
Rina2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rina2012 View Post
It's frustrating you can't buy the add on ticket online if you already have your park tickets

we've purchased the frequent fear with express passes as didn't want to risk turning up on the night to purchase at the gate and it being sold out (as close to halloween).

If you're going in September I would assume it won't be sold out, check out the HHN blog (if you google it) it'll give you a rough busy day guide for the HHNs
I know and it's frustrating how unclear the website is... I would presume "General Admission" on the "Halloween Horror Nights" website means general admission to HHN! A more suitable title would be "Park + HHN Single entry ticket"
I know it's a waste of nearly $100 but I don't think I will cancel now, they took a week to reply to the first email so god knows how long it would take to cancel and have the money back. And I just can't risk is being sold out as my OH is so excited about this and it's the last night of our holiday. Just really annoying that it's so unclear!
Old 22 Aug 14, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

All I can say is that last year, tickets were still available on opening night FOR opening night.

I don't want to say they 100% will be this year, but we did the first 6 nights and tickets were available EVERY time.
Old 22 Aug 14, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, just to clarify on the general admission tickets. These tickets are purely hhn tickets, they wouldn't admit you into universal studios during the day.

The add on tickets are the same single admission but offered at a discount price, as you've already spent money with them on day tickets ( a kind of loyalty bonus if you like).

It's unlikely to sell out opening night but understand if you wouldn't want to risk it. Also the add on tickets don't need to be bought the same day, so if you were at uni a few days prior to hhn during the day, you could buy the opening night add on then.

Hope that helps.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disjunkie View Post
Hi, just to clarify on the general admission tickets. These tickets are purely hhn tickets, they wouldn't admit you into universal studios during the day.

The add on tickets are the same single admission but offered at a discount price, as you've already spent money with them on day tickets ( a kind of loyalty bonus if you like).

It's unlikely to sell out opening night but understand if you wouldn't want to risk it. Also the add on tickets don't need to be bought the same day, so if you were at uni a few days prior to hhn during the day, you could buy the opening night add on then.

Hope that helps.

I get it now! Thank you! Wish that had been explained like that on the website! I've emailed them back asking if there is an admin fee to cancel, will see what they say if they even reply on time. At least I know I've got tickets anyway. Thanks for the info and for explaining it properly!
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Antiflibble View Post
All I can say is that last year, tickets were still available on opening night FOR opening night.

I don't want to say they 100% will be this year, but we did the first 6 nights and tickets were available EVERY time.
Thanks Will see what they say when they reply and make a decision then
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread