Notices

Old 8 May 14, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Talking Why wont Halloween come now Pre Trippy Oct 2014

Why wont Halloween come now

October 5th to 10th

Intros first in case you didn't read my first trip report.

Me. Kelly The planner of all trips, and all things in general. I am the holder of the purse strings and I dont mind opening them up for DLP.

J Goes with the flow. Really wants to holiday else-wear after this trip, booooo. Loves DLP too but he is getting seduced by the thought of another beach & pool holiday.

Bumble Bee Brooklyn Our beautiful monster lol. She likes being called this so I am not just horrible, she loves to sing the song " shes a monster rr a beautiful monster rr" Funny, kind and amazingly perfect in every way.
Brooklyn has Microcephally and is severely mentally disabled, is often a a handful for both us parents and her siblings but she is a little treasure all the same.
This one has just turned 16, 16. right little madam haha.

Maddox. Sweet, sensitive, cheeky and a bit of a chicken when it comes to rides, namely ToT lol he will not hear of it

Violet. My Princess, Cute, Dainty daredevil. She has not long had her 6th birthday and so feels very grown up. Loves all that is disney and wants autographs on this trip.

On with my second pre trippy.
Titled "why wont Halloween come now" as its all I hear from the kids.
We are going just before Halloween and nobody wants to wait that long. lol
So I shall crack on, This one is a bit pre trippy and a bit Disney planning diary as I have updated my notes when anything note worthy has came up haha

January 1st 2014
We knew we would return to DLP as we all had a brilliant time last September.
Having caught a glimpse of Disney Halloween decorations starting to go up during our first stay we all really wanted to go back during October to be part of the Halloween celebrations.

J was at work and the kids are off school for their Xmas hols so I need to be quiet. I grabbed my Disney folder and tiptoed upstairs.
I get through to DLP and I am talking with a lovely French woman.
Violet comes in and hears some of my conversation.
The kids all know we are planning on going back in October so a surprise isn't ruined. Phew.
Violet is giddy, I shh her so I can complete my booking.
Violet is repeatedly whispering to me asking if I am talking to Disneyland and bouncing on my bed. Lol.
That's Davy Crocketts ranch all booked, I put down the phone and grab Violet and now we are both bouncing.

I ask Violet if she wants to be the one to tell her bro & sis that our holiday is booked. She whispers "no, let's keep it a secret for a little minute". So cute.

A few little minutes later and she stands in the living room and declares she knows a secret. Violet gives her bro & sis the news and they are all very exited but then somehow we are all bummed out because our Disney holiday is ages away. Haha

I then message OH and tell him I have booked. Hahaha. Naughty.

I am spending too much time on dlp websites and forums and find myself calling dlp asking for prices on extra nights/ HB/ hotel upgrades. ... So...
I am on the phone to dlp again with a fab French guy. I ask about family rooms etc after a bit if a chat I mention that I may be better of sticking with DCR as we need the extra space for our daughter... long story short, he tells me I should speak to the adapted rooms department as we would be able to book one. I am put through but I almost hang up.
Brook doesn't have a wheelchair, she doesn't need one. She is unsteady on her feet and severely mentally disabled, but does not need a wheelchair.
The guy in adaptations is lovely, I make sure I tell him we do not have a wheelchair and we go over our needs. He advises me an adapted room would benefit Brook.
Last year in DCR I had to literally stand in the shower (clothed) to wash Brooklyn, trying to only aim the water in her direction. We managed, we loved DCR.
DCR also have adapted cabins, but the guy is suggesting Sequoia Lodge.

I have yearned for the SL, I have read trippys about SL, I have stroked the photo of the SL in the dlp brochure... Omg. I had ruled it out previously as too expensive and dlp could never guarantee connecting rooms which would be essential for us.
The guy on the phone is telling me that the adapted room in SL is really two rooms connected. It's classed as one room.
I am offered standard, Montana or golden Forest. When I ask for a price for all he is not fazed and finds the prices for me.

I decide to pay the extra (about £220) to change our booking from DCR premium cabin to Sequoia Lodge, Golden Forest Club. Whoooooo
All sorted & extra deposit paid.
It's at this stage I find myself randomly whooping, in my head & out loud. I am giddy. Really properly giddy. I felt fit to burst.

I think about texting the OH but decided I am best explaining my actions face to face. Lol. I know he really enjoyed the DCR, he loved driving back & forth from the park.
Anyhoo he was happy if I was happy... I was very happy. We decided to tell the kids about the change rather than surprising them as Brooklyn could go either way. She loves a caravan that girl.
The kids are all delighted with the news. The character brekkie has swung it for all if them. Violets main mission this time around is meeting characters so she thinks this is fantastic news.

I think I may add on the HB plus, I know people debate it's worth but based on where we want to eat it could make sense for us. I am going to wait and see if I can make use of a better offer if one pops up by adding HB then as at £440 for 4 nights I am not really sure.
We are also debating adding an extra night, I want to go to Inventions Sunday brunch. I asked for the cost of this too and will be an extra £446 ooooooooo
J says book it, money is for spending but £446 just for one extra night To be honest I think we will add it. I think by the time we've drove all the way their we may as well make the most of it.
If it came to a toss up between an extra night or adding HB plus I think we will opt for the extra night and just eat a little cheaper. I love Earls anyway hahaha. Will be holding out for a good offer in hopes of getting a good price for one or the other.

We want to eat at the SL Buffet (Hunters grill) at least once, maybe twice. Blue Lagoon and maybe Cafe Mickeys though when reading peoples reports it sound hectic and that puts me off. The new Chef Remy restaurant if it's open (fingers crossed) Other meals will be counter service grabbed in the parks for lunch or Earls on park closing depending on when we have our main meal.
Drinks with be involved in this holiday. Cocktails, wine, beer & more cocktails. Yep we will make use of the Redwood bar and the Golden forest lounge.

If we get the HB Plus we will have those snack vouchers so will be trying out a few yummy treats. We will also be sure to get popcorn. Mmmmmmmmmm

I have booked Ashford North Holiday Inn again as we thought it was fab last time. We are booked for the night before our crossing and the night of our return to the UK.
The family rooms are massive, rooms are clean, staff friendly, easy drive to the Eurotunnel and the room service is delicious and cheap.
We all enjoyed staying here and found it made our little holiday feel longer.

February
The new 30% off & free HB is live on the dlp website.
For my dates I could amend my booking so it would include the "free" HB plus for an extra £220 on my booking... not bad at all. Half price food ? Proper half price.
I price up an extra night, so 5 nights total inc HB plus, comes up an extra £550 on to my original booking. Not bad either considering I was quoted £440 for the extra night a week or so ago and that was without HB plus.
Wellllll I ended up booking the extra night.
:o).
So I was really hoping to book the extra night anyway at a cost of £440 in the golden forest. HB plus would be £550 for the 5 nights. Both for £550, got both at less than half price... Or think of it another way, I paid only £100 for HB plus, either way I am sooo happy with myself

I also had to call the holiday inn and the euro tunnel to change dates.
I had checked the holiday inn had room before adding the extra night though so I knew it would be ok. New room for the day before is £10 cheaper as I am booking without breakfast so I can book an earlier tunnel crossing.
I had to change my Eurotunnel booking over the phone as I had paid via Tesco club-cards, but again it was fine and I paid the extra £39.
I fired off a text to J expressing my delight. He was expecting this text as I have went on and on about the change of offers for days.
I am pretty sure I am done messing with my booking now haha. Just have got ages to wait.
But we are arriving on a Sunday now so I can book Inventions brunch lol

April.
We (me & J) have just been invited to a 40th birthday... Three nights in Ibiza.
I am torn, I don't really enjoy clubbing, Dont get me wrong I like to go out and drink a cocktail or 6 but not till 4am.. I will miss my babies and all my spare money needs to go in my Disney fund.
There are only 10 days between leaving for Ibiza & leaving for DLP. Eeeeek

Anyway J really wants to go so flights & hotel are booked.
Babysitters arranged. Very first holiday without our kids. I feel sad thinking about it.
San Antonio Bay lol. David Guetta in pacha. I will be wearing flats and taking nana naps.

May
After spending much of my spare time looking at menus & redoing our meal plans I think I am done.

Sunday. *Inventions buffet & McDonalds
Inventions Sunday brunch has to be done otherwise it will be a waste of a Sunday in Disney. I cannot wait for this & Violet literally bounces up & down if I mention it. The lure of characters is doing it for the both of us. Cannot wait to find out our theme. Brooklyn is exited about the Buffet, she loves a good buffet. Maddox is hoping for peter pan, Aladdin or Incredible theme (bless him) The girls will be happy as long as Minnie is there.
McDonald's... well that's Js choice.. .McDonald's never entered my mind when deciding where to eat but a few days ago J said he fancied trying it. So it's on the list. La big mac merci...

Monday. *Chez Remys & Earls sarnies
Assuming Chez Remys is open and is a plus restaurant on the dining plan. Obviously menus have not been released yet and no matter how much I want to go in, I won't book it if the menu looks unappealing so it could end up changing to Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon is another restaurant I want to experience but the menu puts me right off.
Earls sarnies mmmm. Has to be done. I fully intend to buy extra brownies while I am there.

Tuesday. Hathis/BellaNotte &
We ate at Hathis last year & we all enjoyed our food. Maddox insisted on this being on the list as he want the adults lasagne meal that I got last year. Piggy. This is down along with Bella Notte as I notice they have the same menu.
I had the Steakhouse but I have went off it, now not sure.

Wednesday Blockbuster & *Hunters Grill
Blockbuster as we will be in WDS this day and where else is there to eat lol plus I want to try the croc monsieur.
The reviews of Hunters grill always seem positive and it's in our hotel so it would be rude not too. Plus it's a Buffet so it will please Brooklyn.

Thursday. Hakuna & King Ludwigs
Hakuna because it was closed last year & I need to try the spicy wedges & Brooklyn is obsessed with the Lion king since going to London to see the lion king with her school.
I like the look of King Ludwigs menu, something different plus beer. Mmmm Need to find out when happy hour is. (staying onsite this time around so no driving)

Friday. *Annettes
Annettes was our last meal in Disney last year and we all cleaned out plates. It's classed as a plus restaurant now so this will be our last voucher. Thinking of getting a nutella & peanut butter milkshake.

Think thats about it for now, will save a few spaces for more delightful planning.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 06:40 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 14, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

July
Paid the balance whooooooooooo.
delighted. So we have 71 days until Ibiza and 81 days until Disney.
Still got some spending money to save but I feel much better knowing the holiday and half board are all sorted.

Just found out Its a small world will be closed for the full duration of our trip. Serious bad times. Brooklyn isn't happy at all bless her. Its her most favourite ride

Other closures are The Thunder Mesa which is also closed for our full trip, cannot pretend I am bothered, its a bit of a snooze.
Casey Jr and The storybook boats were both closed during our last visit and they are only open for our first day this time so we will try to get them done on the Sunday afternoon.
Armageddon and Captain EO are also closed for a few days, Not bothered at all about Armageddon. Captain EO is an odd one, I thought it had permanently closed. We caught this last time and I know its really old and out dated and to be honest I don't really like Michael Jackson but we all loved this. The 3d was really good, the story is beyond cheesey but I like cheese
I think we have done well with closures.

I am dying to go on Phantom manor which was closed during our last trip. Whoop.

Still July...
I am obsessed with my meal plan, decided to remove The Steakhouse, I am just not feeling it any more. Not sure where to go in its place.
Blue lagoon looks fab but the menu just doesn't appeal to me and reports aren't good.
Cafe Mickey keeps calling me but based on others reports (good and bad) it seems too hectic and I am not loving that.
Walts seems too "posh" haha We just want a good meal that doesn't take hours.
I am wondering if we should do Hunters Grill twice but then it seems a shame to do something twice when there are so many places to try lol
The kids want to go to Agrabah again. Thinking we could try Plaza Gardens as we haven't been here before. HB plus vouchers will not be fully used but I am not that bothered saying as I got them for such a good price.
ooooooo Saying that we could do the Inventions lunch, no characters but still a fab sounding buffet.

Violet has started making lists, rides, characters and restaurants. She takes right after her mama.
Her most favourite list is 'fins to wir' (things to wear lol) Costumes and all kinds of disney tshirts. This also includes a list of 'shopn', apparently she needs a new Ariel, Cinderella and Snow White dress before we go. Obviously when saying dress she also means tiara, shoes and bag too

August
Whoooo can yo believe its August already, half way through the summer holidays
I have called dining reservations and booked my adrs. DS Maddox has decided its the perfect time to say he thinks we need to change or restaurants... kids.
At the last minute he decided Silver Spur looked good (not fussed) but now he thinks it looks boring so I have my orders to cancel this and book Cafe Mickey instead.
So as of right now hahaha or bookings are
Inventions brunch, Violet is insisting we find out the theme as soon as possible and if its 'a rubbish one' we must cancel and do Auberge instead
Remys bistro
Hunters Grill
Plaza gardens, still not sure but Violet is loving it. I think its because it sounds so pretty lol
Cafe Mickeys...

My Pre Trippy is all about food planning, I am a greedy pig.

I am hearing a lot about Photopass+ right now. I hope it is avalible for October, We spend 30e ish on 3 princess pavilion photos last year so I will be buying it should I have the option.

Just heard some news from the shareholders meeting too, lots of things may be on the way, quite exiting.
Rumour has it Phantom Manor may be under referb for a long while soon and it will be changed quite a lot. I am even more exited to ride it this trip now so I gt to see the original version before its gone forever.

Infact it seems we will be at dlp just before a lot of changes are made.
Characters leaving the hotels including the golden forest breakfast lounge just a few weeks after we return home. With that Descent the stairs is said to be ending so I will try to fit that in this trip.

I have printed off all my confirmation details for dlp, euro tunnel, holiday inn etc and put them in my planning folder along with some menu print outs from dlpguide.

September
Well I now have Photopass + booked and paid for £33 to add it to my package. Looking to forward to trying this out.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 11:27 AM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 14, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
LOL, you sure are preparing.

Great intro.

We're going the week after you, also staying at SL, can't wait, unfortunately ain't GF, but what the heck.

Mind you... Ibiza just before it! Will you have recovered! :p

Sounds like your going to have a fab time.

Notice what you say about Blue Lagoon, the menu is a bit iffy, but I'm going with the Colombo Chicken is the way to go. I just absolutely love the look of the place, I'm a sucker for theming and you can't beat Pirates! Oh and I agree with your OH with McD's, defo doing that too, lol. Mind you our little one would kill us if we didn't do McD's.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Great planning so far! Not a lot left to do surely?
Wonderful about SL, we stayed in march and was amazing!
We're also looking forward to inventions brunch and am waiting excitedly for theme too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 14, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

eee I know Ibiza !
I had better be fully recovered lol I will feel all flustered when we get back I will only have one week to get all my Disney stuff together and packed. I normally pack weeks in advance.
I am so exited to find out our Inventions theme.
Oso-fan mummy, I see your staying at the DLH, fantasic. Its my 'one day' hotel.

Old 9 May 14, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

It's pretty amazing for us! It's most likely a one off for us and we plan to make the most of it!
Old 12 May 14, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We have hopes to go for our daughters 18 march 2016 lol. But the prices for this march without kids under 12 free has us a bit worried. Might have to think about other options.
Do make the most of it. Waffles in fantasia bar ? Mm they look lush.

Old 13 May 14, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Fingers crossed they will add in under 12's later. I love the idea of hotel bingo, staying everywhere once! I'm worried my oh will get used to later start (so she thinks!) at dlh, but hey!
I would love to be at the park for my birthday! This year it was over Easter though and we're making most of term time holidays at the moment!
Old 23 Jul 14, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We have just found out that IASW will be closed during our trip
Brooklyn is devastated. We were thinking that any holiday next year would be out of the question as we are getting married in 2016 and we need to save, but I cannot help pricing up.
I think we will have to book a budget (yeah right) trip just so I can tell her we are going back soon and IASW will be open then.
Under 12s free would be just the thing that could get J to cave and let me book it.

Old 24 Jul 14, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Ahhh that's not good, just noticed your post about IASW, we'll miss it too, bummer, looks like it opens back on the Saturday after we leave.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List