Notices

Old 11 Feb 16, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Our Salou/Portaventura swan song, back to how it started. Oct half term 2016.

Hey there,
This will be our 5th October half term holiday and my 5th trip report.
Our first visit in October, and second to Salou was just the three of us and then every year after that we ve had either friends/family or both join us.
A few people may book and go a few days earlier but at the moment it's just our little family.
This will probably be our last Salou holiday as a family, Jess is will be 15 and is already talking about not wanting to come on holiday with us.
Here's a photo of us took on New Years eve.

We are, me, Julie, 40, cook manager at a primary school. Trippie writer.
Matt, oh, 37, chef, thrill seeker.
Jess, dd, 14, has her moments, but on the whole a great teenager.
Our previous visits have normally been Thursday to Thursday, taking advantage of a training day and having one day off work/school. This year, it's GCSE time so we decided not to let Jess take any days off (is she didn’t want to either) Plus I have to work training days now as I cook for the teachers.
So this year we leave Saturday 22nd until 29th October.
Flying from Stansted to Reus with ryan air. Flights were £200 each, a little more than usual and we could have got them cheaper flying to Barcelona, but we like Reus as its only a 10 minute transfer to Salou and the times are perfect, arriving at 3pm and departing at 3.25pm.
Hotel is the Calypso, our 5th time here, we enjoy staying there. It's £598 for us, all inclusive. We have put £1 deposit down with travel Republic and pay monthly.
I have booked a hotel the night before with parking for £85, including breakfast. We normally use meet and greet and our friends drive us there but I thought it would be nice to travel the night before.
Transfers from Reus to Salou are booked with a £5 deposit with hoppa, the rest to be paid 2 weeks before we leave, £60 return.
We ll buy 2 day Portaventura tickets, £30 each.
We love the water rides there. Matt will ride the big roller coasters. I used to be ok but I've become old and scared now! Jess did say she might try when we were there last year, so we ll see this year. I did agree if she ride, then I would do as well so we could get a photo.
We will probably have a trip to Barcelona or maybe Montserrat and will book with bus plana when we get there. We also plan to hire bikes and cycle along the seafront to Cambrils and take the bus to Tarragona.
Hopefully aquapolis will be open on Sunday, it was last year.

Update, our friends Kelly and Andrew and two of their children have booked Thursday to Thursday, after some bargain flights, and an offer from his parents to look after their 2 year old. Their daughter is one of Jessicas best friends, so will be great for her to have some non adult company.

Edited at 03:29 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi great pre trip report, are you not going back next year to see Ferrari land? I think we will be going back some time in 2017 just not sure when it opens so waiting to hear before we book.
candycat75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by candycat75 View Post
hi great pre trip report, are you not going back next year to see Ferrari land? I think we will be going back some time in 2017 just not sure when it opens so waiting to hear before we book.
Thanks, Would love to see Ferrari land, I haven't heard when it will be open. If I see anything about it this year, I ll let you know. We are planning to visit Iceland instead next October, but Im sure we ll visit again, as we do enjoy our break there, but I'm thinking jess might not join us, but then again, when's she 18, she ll beable to have a drink with us!

Edited at 09:34 AM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 16, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
frozenfan97
VIP Dibber

Sorry i'm a bit late to this, love all your trip repors and I am going to salou in july!
Old 3 May 16, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by frozenfan97 View Post
Sorry i'm a bit late to this, love all your trip repors and I am going to salou in july!
Thank you, I appreciate you reading and commenting.
Have a lovely time there, should be nice and hot for you.
We re going to start paying the hotel off next week, trying to be organised.
Let me know if you do a trip report x
Old 8 May 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisalimetree
Excited about Disney

I'm going to the same hotel in 28 days and I can't wait any hits & tips you can share please?