Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 14, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Akerhaus

Booked this ADR a while ago as couldn't get into CRT. My dad who is travelling with us said he just bumped into someone he knows who goes all the time to disney and said the food in Akerhaus is not good at all?
Any reviews from trusted dibbers would be grateful, my 7 year old is desperate to dine with princesses
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 14, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tee1
Imagineer

We went last year, it wasn't the best food we had during our disney stay but by no means rubbish.
And it was worth it to see my 6 year old being led round by Cinderella in a conga type line round the restaurant.
tee1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 14, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FFCPaul71
Very Serious Dibber

FFCPaul71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We did this back in 2012 (Xmas) and of the ADR's we did, this was the most disappointing.

Food was cold meat/cheese buffet (Norwegian) style, a bit bland for my liking and not a great selection. Character's were 'ok', but it all seemed a bit rushed. Mind you we were there at Xmas, so that probably didn't help !
Point Orlando 2010
Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012
Fairfield Inn@Marriott LBV & ES Sonesta 2014
Homewood Suites I-Drive 2016
FFCPaul71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 14, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I completely disagree. My food there was fantastic and a lot better than the food at CRT.
I suppose it depends what you get?
To start there is a buffet with cold meat and cheese, then main course and desert is from the menu.
I would go back there over CRT I think.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 14, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Masonsmagic
Excited about Disney

Masonsmagic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi we are just back from the Magic land. We booked this as a spur of the moment thing and I loved the food ! We had a 5pm sitting so all food was fresh. I have eaten at CRT twice and can honesty say this is my favourite one out of the two. Great value for money (well on dining plan) a lovely buffet to start which include salad, cheese, bread, fish, meats, rice, cous cous etc . I had rack of lamb which was delicious . I will be defo booking this again for our next trip and not booking CRT.
Old 17 Sep 14, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Masonsmagic View Post
Hi we are just back from the Magic land. We booked this as a spur of the moment thing and I loved the food ! We had a 5pm sitting so all food was fresh. I have eaten at CRT twice and can honesty say this is my favourite one out of the two. Great value for money (well on dining plan) a lovely buffet to start which include salad, cheese, bread, fish, meats, rice, cous cous etc . I had rack of lamb which was delicious . I will be defo booking this again for our next trip and not booking CRT.
Glad to hear this as we have an ADR booked for October and have never eaten there before. We also have an ADR for CRT but that's more for the experience of being in the castle rather than the food.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 14, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We went to Akershus in May the food was great. The food at CRT was pretty average in comparison.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 14, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

It's one of our favourites, and a great use of DDP as it (still) includes a printed photograph with Belle. We went last month and it's on the wish list when we return.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 14, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread