Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jan 09, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Hertz additional drivers?

Hi All,

I've booked a car with hertz and I was looking around on the web for the cost of additional drivers, I found a link with some of Hertz T&C's on which state if you are a member of the Hertz #1 gold club your spouse/partner is covered on the agreement (aslong as you live at the same address). I was just wondering if anyone has come across this? I don't mind doing the driving but if this means I can have the odd refreshing cold one then great!

Thanks in advance.

Howard

This is a copy from the page...

Authorized Operators

Acceptable Authorized Operators age 25 and older are automatically covered on the Rental Agreement.

Authorized Operators are:
- The employer, employee or fellow employee of renter on company business, (when booking includes company Corporate Discount Number).
- The renter's spouse for rentals that originate in California, Nevada or New York.
- The spouse (including partners in Vermont Civil Unions) or domestic partner of Hertz Number One Club, Number One Club Gold or Platinum members.
- Authorized Operators do not have to be present at time of rental.
- There are no fees for Authorized Operators.

Additional Authorized Operators
- Individuals not automatically covered on the Rental Agreement as Authorized Operators noted above may be signed on as an "Additional Authorized Operator" (AAO). AAO's must be present and may be signed on to the rental agreement at the time of rental or during the rental at any US corporate location.
- An applicable driving record verification will be performed on the AAO.
- Renter and each AAO must be present to sign Rental Agreement, present an acceptable credit card or debit card (if renting city accepts debit cards) in their own name, or a current round-trip ticket (air, train or bus), show valid driver's license, and must be a minimum of 25 years of age.

F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 09, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jules_ni1
Very Serious Dibber

I am booked with Hertz and they told me that I could add my husband to the booking on arrival for around $50 for the 3 weeks we are there for, which is pretty cheap I thought.
Old 31 Jan 09, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jules_ni1 View Post
I am booked with Hertz and they told me that I could add my husband to the booking on arrival for around $50 for the 3 weeks we are there for, which is pretty cheap I thought.
Hi that is good, i have just spoke to them and as we are part of the Gold club the wife can go on free of charge..so thats good too...have a great holiday
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 09, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jules_ni1
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellestar View Post
Hi that is good, i have just spoke to them and as we are part of the Gold club the wife can go on free of charge..so thats good too...have a great holiday
How do you join the gold club? Do you think if we could join we could add him for free or do you have to quote a number or something on booking.

Have a great holiday too!
Old 1 Feb 09, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jules_ni1 View Post
How do you join the gold club? Do you think if we could join we could add him for free or do you have to quote a number or something on booking.

Have a great holiday too!
Hi we joined about 18 months ago when we started booking directly with them. We have a special rate with them as we are part of the Gold Club...
Old 2 Feb 09, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Excellent news. I've been a member of the #1 Club (Gold) for some time, but wasn't aware of this. Last time it cost around $30 to add DW as a named driver, but hopefully for free this time.

May well be joining you in one of those refreshing cold ones!

Cheers.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 09, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Who did you speak to as I've never got Hertz to state that DW could be added free as a authorised driver.

I've used this a few times as I'm a #1 club gold and there has never been an issue once you get to MCO.

However if you look at the T&Cs for an actual MCO booking, the part about a spouse isn't there and every time I query it they haven't confirmed it.

As you have to wait until the rental desk to add additional drivers, I've just left it.
Got to MCO and had DW added with no charge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 09, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jakey rowling View Post
Who did you speak to as I've never got Hertz to state that DW could be added free as a authorised driver.

I've used this a few times as I'm a #1 club gold and there has never been an issue once you get to MCO.

However if you look at the T&Cs for an actual MCO booking, the part about a spouse isn't there and every time I query it they haven't confirmed it.

As you have to wait until the rental desk to add additional drivers, I've just left it.
Got to MCO and had DW added with no charge.
Hi,
Sorry to jump in on your thread! ... my question is sort of answered... as I was going to ask if it had to be done in advance or at rental desk... but when i booked car i had to put in DH license no. in online does mine have to be done in advance or is it ok to show it at desk for my name to be added free of charge?
( we are #1 gold club members) Thanku

PS. We only have the pink paper licenses with no photo are they OK?

Edited at 05:51 PM.
Old 2 Feb 09, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Hi,

E-mailed Hertz to check if this was applicable to UK bookings, and it appears only to be for US customers:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Gold Membership.

I can confirm that it is not free of charge to add your wife as an Additional Driver to your rentals. This works in for our US Customers as they pay for the membership.

I hope this has been helpful to you, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Yours sincerely,
UK Customer Services Department

However, when I added DW in 2007, we were told that there was a maximum charge per rental for additional drivers. If I recollect it correctly, we paid an additional $30 for 14 days.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 09, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
Hi,

E-mailed Hertz to check if this was applicable to UK bookings, and it appears only to be for US customers:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Gold Membership.

I can confirm that it is not free of charge to add your wife as an Additional Driver to your rentals. This works in for our US Customers as they pay for the membership.

I hope this has been helpful to you, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Yours sincerely,
UK Customer Services Department

However, when I added DW in 2007, we were told that there was a maximum charge per rental for additional drivers. If I recollect it correctly, we paid an additional $30 for 14 days.
Ok Thanks 4 info... wil wait n see when we get there! Not sure i really wanna drive anyway... ! (then i can have the cold one ! hichic! )
( may c u at rental desk if our plane catches up with yours ! )LOL
Closed Thread