Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 15, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

washington - what have I missed!

Hi guys we are just finalising our planning and I'm looking to see if there is anything you think we have missed. We have 5 evenings after 6pm free and the following booked in...walking tours by humane society (national mall/tidal basin/capitol hill/Lincoln assignation/Arlington tour) - we also have pentagon tour/washington monument/crime museum/American history, natural history and air & space museums/ spy museum and holocaust museum (DH may do this himself). So we have a free morning and also an afternoon... phew I'm exhausted just reading the list! We'd like to do a night-time tour to see everything all lit up. Thanks in advance.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Are you planning to do a tour of the Capitol? You could also do the National Archive tour and see the Declaration of Independence. We also went into the Supreme Court and they were doing free tours there too. Going up the Old Post Office is also free and worth doing for some decent views. We did a night tour of the monuments which is one of my favourite evenings ever. It was a bus tour which stopped at various points so you could go and take pictures. I agree that there's so much to do!
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you - just scheduled in the National Archives, we get to the Supreme Court with the Capitol Tour. We definatly want to do a night tour as it sounds great. Thanks for all your help x
Old 1 Aug 15, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Maves Wife View Post
Thank you - just scheduled in the National Archives, we get to the Supreme Court with the Capitol Tour. We definatly want to do a night tour as it sounds great. Thanks for all your help x
No problem! We organised the night tour when we were there. Joined the tour at Union Station and bought the tickets there. A few different companies were offering the same type of tour which left from the same place at similar times. Enjoy
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

We did the night time tour on the Old Town Trolley, it's one of the best things we've ever done, and we've been to DC dozens of times.
Old 1 Aug 15, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you. I seen that one on viator and thought it sounded really good based on the reviews. Thank you for coming back to me I really appreciate it x
Old 2 Aug 15, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gavdon
slightly serious Dibber

We found the Newseum very interesting.
newseum/visit/
gavdon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mini-mum
Getting Excited

One of the highlights for us was the marines sunset parade. It is on a Tuesday evening at the Iwo Jima Memorial. I think there is also one at the barracks on a Friday evening.
mini-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mini-mum View Post
One of the highlights for us was the marines sunset parade. It is on a Tuesday evening at the Iwo Jima Memorial. I think there is also one at the barracks on a Friday evening.
The Marine Barracks are on 8th Street SE. There's some interesting restaurants on that street. Last time we were there eating dinner two of the usual black DC limos pulled up, secret service got out took a quick look around and the Obamas got out of the second limo and sat down to have dinner. Bottom of 8th at the river are the Navy Yards they have a fabulous museum, but you must bring your passports to gain entry. Navy Yard was also the home of NCIS as seen on the TV program, next door to the Museum. The real NCIS is now out at Quantico.
Old 3 Aug 15, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We also did the Bureau of Engraving and Printing - they show you how their money is printed - we really enjoyed this tour. You have to pick tenses tickets up from the ticket office on the day you want to visit - they cannot be prebooked.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread