Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Apr 12, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

The Lightning McQueen trip Day 1

7am Alarm is Ringing!

So we were up for 7am, Soon as we said "Today is Disney day" Harrison shoot up very quickly shouting "come on come on"

I was actually up a little earlier than those two, Knew it wouldnt take them to long to get ready!
Packed all the rest of our stuff away, and was soon up and downstairs by 7.30am for our free TL Breakfast - I wasnt to looking forward to it really, as the last TL i stayed in while in London the breakfast was awful, But since one was alot better! Hot selectioon Scrambled egg Bacon Sausage, Toast! All the usual really IE Cereals etc
I wasnt to hungry either, only had jam on toast and Apple juice. Harrison and shaun had nearly a bit of everything

Then we were on our way back to St Pancras for the Eurostar, Must of only took 10mins to get there. I know St P quite well so knew where to go.
Our train wasnt leaving till 10.17am, looked at my phone was only 8.30am! We were eager it wasnt even on the boards yet what time we could check in, so found a little bench and people watched for a bit.

About 8.45am, rechecked the board, we could book in from 9am so went a little closer to be one of the first in.
Secruity check in was all quick and easy, soon we were sitting in the Eurostar lounge!
We put Cars on the ipad for Harrison, as it was a bit of a wait, they only let you board the train 20mins before departure! Was only about 9.10am now.
I noticed Parents coming away from the desk next to me with little Disney Packs (which i knew about thanks to Ali) So off i toddled to get one for Harrison...

Here is the pack! It included pencils a colouring book and a puzzle.

Daddy and Harrison waiting for the Disney train

seemed like forever waiting to board! I went to WH Smiths and got us all a drink each for the EuroStar and snacks, came to £11 3 bottles of drink and a choco bar each But hey ho.

Just before 10 our train was ready, found our carriage quite quickly about 2 down from the moving walkways! We had premier seats on way out. Great seats so much more room and bigger table. Harrison and daddy sat across from me. I had a spare seat next to me... but not for long Boooo

we were soon on our way! after the last pick up from UK, came around with our breakfast. Orange juice, croissant, roll, yogurt and Jam. Tea and Coffee. All was nice just not the yogurt. Was suprised Harrison ate all his croissant.
The bloke sitting next to me was up and down like a yo yo his friend was sitting somewhere else and i think he could sit close to her.
Short while after a Disney rep came round with our Disney express tags park tickets and meal vouchers (We had half board plus). The guy didnt really say much went through what was in the envelope and explained a bit about the express what bits to keep etc.
So wrote our names on and tore the bits we needed to keep.

Harrison on the Eurostar

The train starts slowing down, so i know we are nearly there... and Harrison has an accident So was a bit of panic, had to get the key open the suitcase! get out fresh trousers etc and go change him!
I was superwoman for those 2mins! Did it all quick and easy was back in no time, Harrsion nice and Dandy

Made our way to Disney express desk with in mins, all signed well in to Hotels, only 2 people in front of us for the Cheyenne desk, so within 5mins we were done and free to leave the station! Whooopie! (It was Just after 2pm)

We knew we wouldnt be seeing the Disneyland parks today (I was secretly sobbing inside) I always see the castle first! But it wasnt about me So studios here we come...

Was really sunny and hot as you can see.

Had to take a pic while on the way into studios waving bye to the park!

Harrison really wanted to ride 'Cars Race rally' He had seen it on youtube over and over so he had an idea of what was in store on the ride! ...As Harrison isnt that adventurous when it came to rides (which we soon found out ALOT more) so wanted him to have a little idea of it. We waited inline for about 20mins. He sat on Daddy's shoulders so he could watch it and got really excited... UNTIL... we got on! He started sobbing and cuddled into Daddy!
I sat in the back of the car with them two in the front, i so wanted him to enjoy it, but he just didnt! I think he tensed himself up that much that when it started to turn he said he pulled his neck. So that was that! His "fav" ride! and only rode it that once the whole trip
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
The weather looks fab! Sounds like a much better day today

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Arrow

Things seem to be better now Looking forward to reading on
Old 9 Apr 12, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

CONT...

Forgot to mention that after checking in, i went to the Info desk and booked our meals for the trip. I have been chopping and changing where to go for weeks! always changing my mind, we only ended up changing one again...
I had choose them all, Shaun was leaving it all to me, But when we got to the Cheyenne he was feeling tired out so asked to stay and try the Chuck wagon tonight (I had The steakhouse in mind)
So we booked the chuck for tonight
Parkside Diner Tues Night
Hunters Grill Weds Night.

It was 6.30 and we were one of the first families in there, walking past the food to find some seats (well not find, there was plenty) was great! Food all nice and full.
I didnt take any pics of the food, so will try remember some things we got.
Also on the way due to having half board plus, we got a free soft drink (Can) so we got 3 fantas on the way past.
Shaun got Harri's first, Pizza, Chicken Nuggets, and chips.

Walking to the Chuck

In the chuck, table nearest the buffet! You can see a couple of corn on the cobs there Shaun loved them.

The hall around 6.40pm time.

Harri hardly touch much for dinner, i noticed he started getting a bit of a temperature (which was the start of a poorly boy for 2/3 days)

Things i can remember, Chicken wings, Jacket potatoes, new potatoes, corn on the cobs, mixed veg, meats cold and hot. Stew (beef i think) rice, chips. Chicken nuggets. pizza, hot dog sausages. There was plenty more but i cant remember i was just bee lining for things i liked
I loved loved loved the New potatoes and the veg i honestly could of ate it every day all day was so nice!
I had read reviews that the chuck wasnt great, so i did go in thinking it was going to terrible! But i actually really liked the Chuck, Some foods did look a bit oily.
the things we had were very tasty
Loads of desserts! I had choco mousse, pineapple and raspberry cake, pear flan cake thingy! Cheesecake! All very very nice.
Shaun had a huge bowl of Jelly, Harri did have a little of the choco mousse.
We were there for around 45mins, quite quick really. All starting to feel a little tired now so quickly went to the hotel shop, got Harri a car toy and headed back to the room.

quick look in the games room

Making our way back to the room

Watched abit of Disney JR, we couldnt find it in English at first then i seen the flags in the bottom of the screen saying you can switch, which we did and it worked! Was English! (Put that only worked tonight, all the other nights wouldnt change)

Also i tried to do the Mickey wake up call?! wow i couldnt do it all! It had a symbol on the phone to show you, but nothing happened. Was no book or instructions anywhere so we left it

All got settled Down, gave Harri some calpol as he was burning up a little.
All asleep before 10.30am

We had the Character breakfast in the Morning for 9.30am so wasnt an early start, bit of a lay in.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
Old 9 Apr 12, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 1 Cont...

Queuing for the Cars ride - Very happy there

So after we checked Harrisons neck over, we made a move... and went on the tram tours! was about 10mins wait for this ride.
Is it me or has this ride been shortned alot, It seemed over and done so quick?!
I was worried how Harrison would be with the tank etc and was hoping he was sitting furthest from it! But he wasnt... But he was ok only shouted he wanted off once
But then we came to the next "bit" nothing happened?! Where im sure it did before right? !
didnt you also see the building where the costumes were made?! ...well that never appeared either! Was in and out in what seemed like mins! Very disapointed

On the Tram tours

We had a wonder round, found a poster for Harrison to pose with...

Anything Lightning McQueen he wanted in it.

The studios were really really busy! It was the busiest ive ever seen DLP Before when ive been in March you get a fair few people, but this was overloaded, heel to heel walking everywhere. Was Madness!

it was about 4.30pm now so headed to the station to get a shuttle to the Cheyenne, firstly nipped to the shop on the way out for the studios got Harri some Mickey Mouse chocolate. Was first time i had got the shuttle, waiting around 10mins then we were there.

Reception checkin desks only had 2 people (customers) waiting to be checked in, was then our turn. done with in about 5mins all breakfast slots were still available. DP and i had had discussed on the train about the time to go for. He wanted a later one so we choose 9am cards.
Got given our key and we were in the 'Soaring Eagle' Room 2275. All the way to the left furthest away from the parks! I had joked how i bet we get the furthest building away! well we nearly were

Here is our room before we unpacked...

We loved the Room and theming, had a view of the river and Santa Fe. Beds were high... Or im to small

CONT...
Old 11 Apr 12, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the report :-) kids really can be unpredictable with the rides!

We loved the Cheyenne, would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.
Old 11 Apr 12, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
From memory, I think with the phone you pick up the receiver and press the button and it tells you what to do. It was the same in WDW.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by emilysdad View Post
Thanks for the report :-) kids really can be unpredictable with the rides!

We loved the Cheyenne, would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.
Yes they can be we did sort of know he would be a bit like that, as some at fun fairs is a no no straight away for him. But being Disney and being mad about 'Cars' i thought he would want to ride it all the time. He was so excited about going on it, then he hurt his neck.
But since he's been back at home, he has asked to go on it
We really loved the Cheyenne, the atmosphere everything. would def stay there again.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
From memory, I think with the phone you pick up the receiver and press the button and it tells you what to do. It was the same in WDW.
Yeah thats what we did, but just dial tone was there, so i did end up pressing most of the buttons in the end and nothing happened, just dial tone.

Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
Really enjoyed reading! So glad that Harrison got his Disney Eurostar goody bag! Love the photo of Harrison on the Eurostar - can see the pure excitement in his face - don't think he can believe how luckey he is to have Mummy and Daddy take him to see Mickey!

Sorry to hear that Harrison wasn't too well - Mummy was well prepared with the Calpol!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of the stay!
Thanks Ali, yeah there was a lady there first with the bags on a desk then she went after 10mins, and the bags were on the desk for people to take and help themselves. I should of got another for me but i didnt think at the time

Yes he was really excited, I thought he would be all for Mickey Mouse, but he was wanting to see Pluto more than me.

Couldnt believe he was getting a temp Me and DP were talking how there has been a few times when we go away even to the coast, that he ends up getting a temp?! I dont know if its the travelling? im not sure.

Im off to my mums Friday for a week,and its hard to get a signal there. So will try to do day 2 tomorrow before i go!

Thanks for reading all
Old 12 Apr 12, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto View Post
Thanks Ali, yeah there was a lady there first with the bags on a desk then she went after 10mins, and the bags were on the desk for people to take and help themselves. I should of got another for me but i didnt think at the time

I was too embarassed to go and ask for one but DH knew how much I wanted one so went and got one for me! lol!

Yes he was really excited, I thought he would be all for Mickey Mouse, but he was wanting to see Pluto more than me.

Sounds like Harrison is now a Pluto fan too! Maybe he wanted to go seek out Pluto as he knew that would put a great big grin on Mummy's face! Did you get your photo taken with Pluto?

Couldnt believe he was getting a temp Me and DP were talking how there has been a few times when we go away even to the coast, that he ends up getting a temp?! I dont know if its the travelling? im not sure.

Could it be a little anxiety?

Im off to my mums Friday for a week,and its hard to get a signal there. So will try to do day 2 tomorrow before i go!

Thanks for reading all
Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. Have a great time at your Mum's.
Old 11 Apr 12, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Really enjoyed reading! So glad that Harrison got his Disney Eurostar goody bag! Love the photo of Harrison on the Eurostar - can see the pure excitement in his face - don't think he can believe how luckey he is to have Mummy and Daddy take him to see Mickey!

Sorry to hear that Harrison wasn't too well - Mummy was well prepared with the Calpol!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of the stay!