Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Apr 12, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Narcoossee’s – Grand Floridian

The first time we dined at Narcoossee’s we absolutely loved it. The second time we had rather mixed feelings. We still loved the actual restaurant but Paul’s vegetarian entree wasn’t good and he left feeling hungry.
I really wanted to give Narcoossee’s another try, but Paul said there was no way he would return, not unless there was a Chef change. Well, while we were over at Animal Kingdom Lodge one day we got chatting to one of the Chefs and he gave us some good news...

Narcoossee’s just got a new Head Chef!

I made us an ADR there and then.

If the breeze is blowing in the right direction, you can smell the fragrance of the fresh herbs growing alongside the pathway leading up to the restaurant.

When we checked in I asked if we could have a window table. I was prepared for a bit of a wait until one became available, and we were ready to adjourn to the bar for a while; but to our delight and surprise we were taken to a table by the window right away.

It was early but the restaurant was already very busy. Most of the tables were full and as on previous visits there was a casual lively atmosphere - quite loud, mainly because of the acoustics, but very pleasant and relaxed and we immediately felt comfortable.

I ordered a Cosmopolitan (excellent) and our server brought us a basket of warm, crusty sourdough bread and some soft butter, sprinkled with sea salt.

For dinner, Paul ordered the Vegetarian Lasagne.
It was a bit more rustic and hearty looking than he was expecting, but very, very tasty!

Fall Vegetable Lasagna - Eggplant, Zucchini, Wild Mushrooms, and Herb Goat Cheese with Fresh Pasta and Spinach Cream Sauce.

The fresh pasta leaves were layered with a flavoursome mix of grilled vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, red and yellow peppers, onion), soft goat’s cheese and tomato sauce, then topped off with a rich cheese sauce and baked till bubbling and golden. The dish was dressed with a vibrant green, spinach cream sauce and some more grilled veggies.

There was no way Paul was going leave Narcoossee’s feeling hungry this time!

I had been anticipating something seafood-y tonight, most probably the lobster, but I must have been in a meaty mood because it was the Filet Mignon that caught my interest when I was reading through the menu. I lingered over the lobster for a bit, but I kept coming back to the steak. Finally the decision was made.

Filet Mignon it was!

I was right to go with my carnivorous cravings. My fillet steak was fabulous! Well seasoned, tender, juicy and cooked just the way I like it, with a slight crusting on the outside and a good line of pink throughout the middle. There wasn’t a lot of sauce on the plate (regular readers will know I do like my sauce) but as I ate, the savoury meat juices from the steak merged with the rich red wine reduction to make the most delicious gravy. The steak was served with some caramelized onion jam, sweet young carrots and a tasty combination of baby potatoes, red peppers and wild mushrooms. Everything on the plate was cooked to absolute perfection. I even enjoyed the mushrooms!

To accompany this delectable dinner, I had a very satisfying glass of Sequoia Grove Cabernet Sauvignon from the Napa Valley, California. Mmmm... Happiness!

Grilled Filet Mignon -Wild Mushroom and Marble Potato Hash with Red Wine Demi-glace.

At Narcoossee’s, the cheese plate is available as a dessert option when using the Dining Plan. There were some tempting desserts on the menu, and in hindsight I wish we’d at least shared one, but we’d already eaten far more puddings than we are used to and we both love our cheese - so that is what we ordered.

Here’s the menu for a description of the cheeses. We enjoyed all three, but if pushed to pick a favourite it would be the MT TAM Brie. So incredibly buttery and creamy!

Artisanal Cheese Selection - Reypenaer VSOP, MT TAM Triple Cream Brie, Caveman Blue Cheese. The accompaniments were almond honey, strawberry compote, pecan nuts and some toasted walnut bread.

We finished off our lovely meal with some good fresh coffee. Paul had a Cappuccino and I had a Double Espresso.

I’m so pleased we decided to give Narcoossee’s another go. We had a really nice evening, enjoying good service and delicious food in comfortable, relaxed surroundings.
Paul’s veggie meal was vastly better than the one he had last time, he thoroughly enjoyed his food tonight, and my filet mignon meal turned out to be one of my most favourite dishes of the whole holiday.

From now on, Narcoossee’s is going on “the list”!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 12, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bobbo's
Very Serious Dibber

Fab report! Normally if the veggie selection is vegetable lasagne, I'd rather go elsewhere - however, that vegetable lasagne looks delicious!
The Bobbo's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
karengi
Apprentice Imagineer

karengi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Fantastic food report Su, Narcoossee’s looked fantastic

We have 3 weeks on on the dining plan in Oct so looking for tips, I am veggie and everyone one else is not so I love to see Paul's choices.

Looking forward to reading more x
Villa in Westridge 2016 * OKW Oct 2014 *OKW Oct 2012 * SSR Oct 2010 * Lake Buena Vista Resort Oct 2009 * Pop Centry/Cypress Point 2007 * Villa in Westridge 2006 * Port Orleans RS/Orange Lake/Fort Lauderdale 2002 * Sheraton Vistana/Westage Vacation Villas 2001 * Silver Lake/Orange lake 2000 * Westate Vacation Villas 1988
karengi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 12, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow that steak looks delicious! Glad you both had an enjoyable meal and Narcoossee's is back on the list!
Old 18 Apr 12, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BriarRose
Imagineer

I really should have eaten my dinner before reading your reports - they make me soooo hungry.

1998,1999,2001,2004 I Drive, 2005,2006 Pop Century, 2007 Newport Bay DLP, 2010, 2012 OKW 2013, 2014, 2015 SSR, 2016 Portofino Bay & IDrive
BriarRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 12, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vikstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Su

Those Sandwiches at WPE with the sweet potato fries look amazing! A must try on our next trip I think

Paul's pasta dish at Grand Flo cafe looks nice but I always stuggle with pasta dishes getting a bit samey and they always seem to be huge portions! Except maybe the yummy mushroom pasta dish I had at Cali Grill which was just right.

I'm so glad to see your report of Narcooses. We're planning on trying it on our honeymoon next year and that vegetable lasagne looks delish! My h2b has just been drooling over that filet you had aswell. We can't wait now! I also have to try the almond crusted cheesecake I've heard so much about as long as it's still on the menu.

Can't wait to go back!

The piccie pre-trippie 2011
vikstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 12, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm so sorry to be so late to the party but wow wow wow Su! I now can't wait to eat at narcoosees in a week or so!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 12, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Please come back Sue! Dying to read and see more
Old 12 Aug 12, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Su - I'm so pleased you enjoyed your meal at Narcoossee's. This is the place we've chosen for our anniversary meal.

Hope you're ok - looking forward to more of your wonderful reviews.
Old 23 Aug 12, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed Narcoossee's hope to see the rest at some stage

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List