Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 11, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Hi i have always stayed on i-drive nothing wrong with it plenty to do .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Had a few stays on i-drive and had first LBV stay last year. Both are great locations with lots to do and lots of choices to eat, LBV has the advantage of being on the Mouse's doorstep and close to I4 and I-Drive has the brilliant trolley. Given the choice i think i would go for LBV again, it was a slighty nicer kept area and a bit quieter. Some of I drive can be a bit busy (ie the sand lake road junction).
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

we like LBV - Palm Parkway is quite quiet but very close to Disney and a Walmart not far away & another supermarket about 2mins drive away.

Universal about 15/20mins away, Seaworld about 10mins I guess.

If you are without car, then International Drive is good for nightlife & eating out, with the trolley also nice & cheap.

With a car, I'd always pick LBV, which also has a number of great places to eat within 5-10mins walk or 5 mins by car.
Old 2 May 11, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Meniscus
Excited about Disney

Meniscus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've stopped at both and would choose LBV every time. Nothing wrong with I-Drive, but LBV is better! Good restaurants, very close to Disney and Sea World, Universal is easy to get to either up I4 or Palm Parkway.
Meniscus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cleave12345 View Post
looking on virgins website for september and not alot of chice of hotels at the min
Why not do a DIY. You get more choice and can often save some money. We booked our flights through Opodo and hotel through Alpharooms. More to keep a track of but a better range of options.
philinmerthyr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
Why not do a DIY. You get more choice and can often save some money. We booked our flights through Opodo and hotel through Alpharooms. More to keep a track of but a better range of options.
if its Sept this year, you'll do well to get a good price on flights (I've been trying for november and can't beat the package prices... )
Old 2 May 11, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post

we have stayed mostly in LBV but like staying south international drive but best of all would be the peabody on Idrive! it really depends if you are traveling with children, driving, your budget and if you are going to universal as well as disney. we now travel without the kids - they have out grown traveling with mum and dad.
if you dont have a car and like to have a glass of wine at night and go to different restaurants then Idrive. peaceful and slightly more upmarket area then its lBV but you do need a car!
Old 2 May 11, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Prefer LBV to Int Drive because LBV seems to be a nicer area. I suppose it depends what you want. We found LBV to be close to Disney and reasonable distance to other parks apart from Seaworld. Plenty of nice restaurants and close to LBV shopping outlet.
Old 2 May 11, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

We love staying in LBV because our holidays are based around Disney, the walking distance from the hotels on Plaza Boulevard to DTD is great . If you haven't got a car it is a very safe area to walk around at night (to and from DTD / Crossroads area). We hired a car for two days in 2009 to see what it was like and yes it was good but still not a necessity IMHO. We have passed through I Drive a few times and it definitely looks livelier but i wouldn't rule it out if a great deal came along.

Di
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Have you priced up with complete orlando? They seem quite competitive at the moment. Or you could consider First Choice as Thomson Airways gets such great reviews on here.

Angie
Closed Thread