Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jul 15, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Those girls are theme park veterans

Looking forward to giving Starring Rolls and mini golf a go next time!

Love how its a budget trip and you're at portofino bay the room looks love but do hope the service picks up for you! And no fridge gosh! xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 15, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great day. We were big fans of the Frozen singalong show too. Very funny indeed!

45 minute wait for mini golf, blimey! Glad you all enjoyed the course though.

Sounds like your overall experience of Portofino Bay was a little mixed. Your room looks great though.

PS. Glad you found your earring!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 15, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
One thing I really struggle with with mini golf is the waiting for people in front and having people catch up behind. I can't win really!

Seems like a lovely morning in HS. Is the frozen sing along a permanent thing? That's likely something we will have to do.

Your room at Portofino looks so lovely. Was there not even a stocked fridge? I seem to recall royal Pacific having a mini bar type fridge. Though in all honesty, you couldn't fit anything else in it.

Looking forward to your next day. Xx

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Great day! What a shame the staff weren't very knowledgable or accommodating at the hotel, I'd be really annoyed! Also, no fridge? What? You managed to fit loads in and the food and cocktails sounded lush! x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Those girls are theme park veterans

Looking forward to giving Starring Rolls and mini golf a go next time!

Love how its a budget trip and you're at portofino bay the room looks love but do hope the service picks up for you! And no fridge gosh! xx
Thanks for reading and commenting Michelle . I know, being at Portofino Bay on a budget trip does sound a bit odd . But it wasn't actually that much more than RPR when we booked, and we saved money elsewhere xx

Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Another great day. We were big fans of the Frozen singalong show too. Very funny indeed!

45 minute wait for mini golf, blimey! Glad you all enjoyed the course though.

Sounds like your overall experience of Portofino Bay was a little mixed. Your room looks great though.

PS. Glad you found your earring!
Thanks for reading and commenting Terry. Long time no speak! I've not been around on the Dibb much lately, but I need to catch up on your trippie. I'm using reading reports as a reward for getting some of mine written . Glad you liked the Frozen show too .

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
One thing I really struggle with with mini golf is the waiting for people in front and having people catch up behind. I can't win really!

Seems like a lovely morning in HS. Is the frozen sing along a permanent thing? That's likely something we will have to do.

Your room at Portofino looks so lovely. Was there not even a stocked fridge? I seem to recall royal Pacific having a mini bar type fridge. Though in all honesty, you couldn't fit anything else in it.

Looking forward to your next day. Xx
Thanks for reading and for the lovely comments Lisa. Glad it's not just me that finds it annoying when you have people right behind and right in front at mini golf :angry:.

What did you think of the Frozen show? Hope you loved it as much as we did .

I can't remember if there was a stocked fridge at Portofino actually. If there was, there definitely wasn't any more space in it. It's not good that there wasn't a fridge in the room though. I'm pretty sure they have them at the Hard Rock, and they definitely do at Cabana Bay xx

Originally Posted by bambikate View Post
Great day! What a shame the staff weren't very knowledgable or accommodating at the hotel, I'd be really annoyed! Also, no fridge? What? You managed to fit loads in and the food and cocktails sounded lush! x
Thanks for reading and commenting Kate . Portofino was definitely a bit dodgy in our experience . The cocktails definitely finished off the day nicely x.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List