Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Apr 15, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dons2122000
Excited about Disney

This is great and made things really clear! I was originally going to do a split stay first week on International Drive so we could do Universal and Seaworld and then a week at Disney with the dinning plan. I am going to see what quotes I can get now on the whole two weeks at Disney as I think the dining plan for the whole stay would work out really well for us.

Thanks!
dons2122000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
disneyworld.disney.go/me...2015Dining.pdf

I'd never pay to add it to a booking, but for free, it's great!

I think that covers it, but let me know if you have any other questions
Just interested to know why would you never pay for it?

I'm about to bite the bullet and pay for it, I did the sums on the ddp planner site and it came back as about £150 dearer using the ddp and going to all the places we want (several character meals) than paying oop for mainly food court and three character meals we'd really wants to do.

Plus we haven't done it before so think we'd like to try it out, and we got a discount in booking with free nights instead if a free plan.

I'm fifty fifty really, how I understand it at the moment is I'll pay more on the ddp but get soo much more out of the places I can eat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PlymMark View Post

I'm about to bite the bullet and pay for it, I did the sums on the ddp planner site and it came back as about £150 dearer using the ddp and going to all the places we want (several character meals) than paying oop for mainly food court and three character meals we'd really wants to do.

Plus we haven't done it before so think we'd like to try it out, and we got a discount in booking with free nights instead if a free plan.

I'm fifty fifty really, how I understand it at the moment is I'll pay more on the ddp but get soo much more out of the places I can eat.
I wouldn't pay for it because if we didn't have it we simply wouldn't order the amount of food that is provided on the dining plan. We wouldn't have desserts every time, we often share qs lunches as some the portions are big - we're only really used to having a sandwich for lunch at home, so it's just the volume of food really.

However, if you've crunched the numbers (is this the planner you used? http://www.distripplanner.com/), are planning on lots of character meals (which are some of the most expensive) and it works out cheaper, then go for it

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 01:19 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

yes that's the one (planner). Thanks for your answer, I said that too, that we possibly wouldn't normally eat that much. I think we just want to experience it.

I'll report back how it turned out for us, it may well be too expensive for what we needed/used or fantastic and worth every penny, but even though I value everything thedibb has to offer, I feel we need to experience this one for ourselves... you can tell me I told you so in September
Old 30 Jun 15, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

yes that's the one (planner). Thanks for your answer, I said that too, that we possibly wouldn't normally eat that much. I think we just want to experience it.

I'll report back how it turned out for us, it may well be too expensive for what we needed/used or fantastic and worth every penny, but even though I value everything thedibb has to offer, I feel we need to experience this one for ourselves... you can tell me I told you so in September
If you want it, then go for it It is nice to be able to eat at more TS places and experience them without worrying about the bill. However, three is a risk that you start looking for the most expensive menu items to get the maximum value out of the plan, and that can ruin it a bit, so I'd advise to try and avoid doing that.

Would be great if you could keep your receipts and report back as I'm sure others would find the information useful when considering buying it. The TS receipts will have the total on, but the QS receipts don't so you have to keep an eye on the till to see what the meal would have cost and then note it down

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We paid for it one trip. We were only doing it for 8 nights and knew we'd want at least 8 TS meals in that time. The exchange rate was a bit better and I convinced myself we'd break even. I'm not sure we did as I think we ordered stuff we didn't need because it was included. It was good to not have to worry about food and what we were ordering. Not sure I'd pay for it again. We priced it up last year in combination with the room discount Disney were offering at the time. I couldn't get it to come anywhere near what I thought we'd spend. In the end we booked through Disney US and got it free.
If you want to not have to worry about food it's worth it just for that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Would be great if you could keep your receipts and report back as I'm sure others would find the information useful when considering buying it

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...0#post10784570
I will do, It will be interesting. I agree with you regarding looking for the dearest meal. I'm working hard on being laid back (contradiction? haha) this time.

We paid for it one trip. We were only doing it for 8 nights and knew we'd want at least 8 TS meals in that time. The exchange rate was a bit better and I convinced myself we'd break even. I'm not sure we did as I think we ordered stuff we didn't need because it was included. It was good to not have to worry about food and what we were ordering. Not sure I'd pay for it again. We priced it up last year in combination with the room discount Disney were offering at the time. I couldn't get it to come anywhere near what I thought we'd spend. In the end we booked through Disney US and got it free.
If you want to not have to worry about food it's worth it just for that.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...0#post10784570
Thanks for your reply, as I'm 50/50 im going for it.
Old 30 Jun 15, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Mobile

I will do, It will be interesting. I agree with you regarding looking for the dearest meal. I'm working hard on being laid back (contradiction? haha) this time.

Thanks for your reply, as I'm 50/50 im going for it.
I wouldn't pay for it either. We didn't use all our snack or CS credits and we were also burning through then towards the end of the holiday trying to use them up. After two weeks and four of us we had about 3/4 CS and 10-15 snack credits left which we used to get sweets for the kids friends and snack/drinks for the airport. We wouldn't necessarily have chosen to buy those things but used the credits because they were there. Some of these unused were due to poor use at the start and things not quite going as expected with how much we would/could eat.

We had loads of carrot and chocolate cake that we threw away (standard dessert for QS meals). We were always full and would never normally eat that much food. Also, with all the ADRs we booked I felt tied to getting to our ADRs instead of going with the flow. I also think we didn't get good value out of the resort mug as we were always in the parks or out and about.

We've got it for free next year, but I wouldn't pay nor would I have been that fussed if it hadn't been available for free.

If it was close in price or more expensive to buy DDP, then I wouldn't get it. only if there was a predicted significant saving to be had would I consider having or recommend getting it.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 15, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

If it was close in price or more expensive to buy DDP, then I wouldn't get it. only if there was a predicted significant saving to be had would I consider having or recommend getting it.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...2#post10784792
oh no, another one who may be able to say I told you so... ha ha.

I was worried we wouldn't have enough credits! snack credits can be used on drinks and ice creams? can't believe any of these would be left?
Old 30 Jun 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

oh no, another one who may be able to say I told you so... ha ha.

I was worried we wouldn't have enough credits! snack credits can be used on drinks and ice creams? can't believe any of these would be left?
We always have credits left over too. I know it doesn't look much on paper but it's surprising just how much food it is and how far the credits go. There are lots of people on here who didn't think it was enough food before actually trying it.

Snack credits can be used for loads of different things. There's a list here:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=862433

You might also want to have a read of this thread before you buy as it's got lots of info about the plans and how they work:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=873045

This food report might be helpful too:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=too+much+food

Closed Thread