Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Apr 11, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

was thinking of this my self as have a 6 year old and he's ok but gets tired walking a lot and with the heat, so like u said sophiepop Happy son = happy parents and i dont want to be unhappy in disney so might take it with us just in case as we have one in the shed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I think you should just go with what your instinct is telling you. You are his parent, and know him best. Surely it would be best for all if he wasn't completely grumpy at the end of a long day of fun and excitment!

I even saw a thread recently on another board of a mum being pushed round in a disney stroller!

Claire

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Can you imagine how many strollers / buggies would take over the parks if every child up to 7 had a buggy in tow!
Up to 4-5 maybe but no way would I allow a 7 year old a buggy
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Go with whatever works for you.
It's none of anyone else's business!
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

A 7 year old in a buggy! no way. If they are tired then it's time to leave the park.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Millymops
slightly serious Dibber

My DS will be 6 when we go in may and were not taking a buggy for him - he runs round all day with his freinds and is a very active child. To be honest he hasnt had a buggy since he was 2 1/2 as preffered to walk. But if your sons not used to walking may be a shock for him so could be handy but will he really get in one, I know my 6year old would no way sit in a buggy. Have you asked him.
Millymops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lydiakate
Imagineer

Lydiakate's Reviews
Our daughter, aged 7, was still very small for her age. We kept her out only one evening for the firework and the stroller was great. If a 7 year old needs a break during a day, what is the harm in them using a chair?
Old 5 Apr 11, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, I don't really have an opinion, each to their own and all that. We are taking my 12yr old and 7yr old boys for the first time in May and tbh a buggy hadn't even crossed my mind. As previous posters have said, you know your child best, and I know my 7yr old would not entertain the idea of a buggy. We will just ensure we do our best not to try and do too much in a day and allow for flexibility in our plans. I am working on the assumption that the older I get, it could be me that needs the rest, not the boys

Go with whatever you feel appropriate and I am sure you and your family will have a lovely time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 11, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

It all depends on the child , all children are different and i would never judge someone on this.

I personally already have one here and intend to take it for my six year old as i remember her last time sometimes she would just need 30 mins rest in the buggy plus a good excuse to hang all the bags on to be honest .

Just see how you go when you get there and get one from walmart if needed, and out there no one will judge you as there are plenty of people with children that age in prams or the strollers you hire in the disney parks it gets too hot at times and that can really tire a child out. my son was 9 last time we went and he was as tired as my little girl and we only done the parks for 4-5 hours because the weather was so hot it wiped them out.

Good luck
Old 5 Apr 11, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Hello

My son stopped using his pushcahir when he was 4! Do you still have pushchair at home? We waited to take him until he was 7 so he would remember first time. The concept of a pushchair did not even enter our heads.

However we did see lots of big kids in those huge plastic strollers, we were gobsmacked I have to be honest.

My advice is to take it easy, do morn/aft or aft /eve in parks rather than all days, especially in August, its very hot and humid! You do get lots of sits down in attractions, we always do Carousel fo Progress in Magic Kingdom for snooze in air conditioned luxury and no queue!

Mark
markiemark90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread