Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Apr 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

April Sunshine - Fantastic Time

Just recently got back and absolutely loved it.

We were very lucky with the weather as it was very warm late morning to early evening. Both parks looked fantastic in the sunshine and glorious clear blue sky backdrop

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Cheyenne and after staying at the Disneyland Hotel on my previous visit I was a little apprehensive about my expectations.

I'm pleased to say, the Hotel and the staff were first rate. The themeing was excellent. The only thing I missed over the Disneyland Hotel was the proximity to the Parks.

On arrival, Goofy was entertaining guests checking in at reception (nice touch), check in itself was a breeze so it was a simple bag drop before making a 20 minute walk to the Parks via the Disney Village

Both Parks were spotless, themeing top notch (I always compare this to Orlando and no way is DLP second rate to WDW) and short queues for the rides.

The Cast Members were polite, helpful and many of them made that little extra Disney effort in making it more fun for the little one something every doting dad loves

Didn't notice too much smoking, what I saw was mainly guests walking around. No smoking in queues, no smoking in buildings and only one episode of queue jumping where a Viz Character lookalike (San or Tray, I can't remember which) with her accompanying bad language and offspring, pushed in front of us whilst we queued to meet Pooh Bear

Thankfully they were only there for about 30 seconds (whilst pretending they didn't notice us) before deciding the queue was far too long, it was far to hot and that a Casey's Hot Dog and soft drink was in order.

Shamefully she was English and the Casey's Hot Dog was probably not a good idea

Anyway, here's what we waited for ...

We only used the EMH on one day and basically done all the rides we could for that time at least two or three times before the other rides opened (I thought they'd all be open).

I loved taking Emily on the rides she was too small for on previous trips and quite surprised she enjoyed the bigger ones so much and wanted to go straight back on!

She particularly loved the POTC (don't ask how many times we went on there!) ... Mrs Emilysdad had her photo taken with Jack Sparrow (I think she secretly fancied him) and loved the fact he asked if she was a Princess ... I loved the both the ride and the meal at the POTC restaurant.

Here's a night time shot of the POTC and some taken during the ride, it was basically a walk on and stay on at the end of the day because nobody else was queuing

We managed to watch the 5 o'clock parade twice, the first time just by the Castle. Mrs Emilysdad took the pics whilst I took the video. It was pretty crowded so Emily had the easy job of sitting on my shoulders

The second time we watched the parade we camped out in Main Street a little early and got a good spot right at the front

After one of the parades it was a quick dash to watch Buffalo Bills Wild West Show (a work colleague recommended it) and all three of us loved it. A little bit hard to digest the price at booking time, but when you watch the show you understand why. Excellent family entertainment and would definitely do it again, I loved the food whilst the Mrs didn't ...

Cafe Mickey's was spot on as ever, whilst the buffet style breakfast isn't everyone's cup of tea I think it's pretty good value if you include the amount of Characters you get to see.

We don't have any real lows from the trip other than I don't like the character meet scrums so avoid them like the plague and prefer the organised meets instead. I also wish sometimes the staff could be a little bit more speedy when serving in the shops or restaurants because this is where their American counterparts get 5 stars each and every time.

All in all I can't wait to go back, but we are seriously thinking of going to Orlando next year, so financially that will be priority as DLRP can be a little bit expensive!

Hope you enjoy reading.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 12, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report & pics - thanks for posting!

Adore the photo of Emily with WtP - really sums up the magic
Old 8 Apr 12, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
niccynoo66
Excited about Disney

I loved reading this, your photographs are amazing !
Glad you had fab weather and a great time
niccynoo66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic report - we did the character breakfast last year and it was one of the highlights of our trip!

Amazing photo's!
Old 9 Apr 12, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Great report, glad you had a good time.

If you were to do Buffalo Bill's again it can be cheaper to book in advance.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Arrow

Great Report and looks like you had a brilliant time espicially with the weather

Just wondering about the character breakfast. We have booked the 07.30 breakfast for our last morning in June. Can you tell me what characters you got to see at the breakfast and what time did they come out at.

Thank You
Old 9 Apr 12, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi all, thanks for the replies I'll try and put some more pics up shortly.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Great report, glad you had a good time.

If you were to do Buffalo Bill's again it can be cheaper to book in advance.
Gill, I'm really not sure so can't answer that. We basically booked in the morning. Only category 2 seats were left by then, but to be honest there's not a great difference between category 1 & 2

Originally Posted by Minnie2610 View Post
Great Report and looks like you had a brilliant time espicially with the weather

Just wondering about the character breakfast. We have booked the 07.30 breakfast for our last morning in June. Can you tell me what characters you got to see at the breakfast and what time did they come out at.

Thank You
Hi Minnnie, we got to see
  • Mickey
  • Chip
  • Dale
  • Gipetto
  • Goofy
  • Pluto

I did notice different characters such as Tigger and Captain Hook when we passed during lunch time.
Old 9 Apr 12, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Here's some more pics ... I don't think any of them need an introduction :-)

Old 9 Apr 12, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Great photos! Glad you had a good trip

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 12, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Amazing pictures, Glad you had a good trip.
Like you we have often found the service slow in DLP but I think some of it is just the French way, they consider a meal should be more relaxed not on a schedule to get back on the rides asap.