Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 11, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Question Alamo online check in with Virgin

Hi everyone
We've booked an Alamo rent a car through Virgin and would like to do online check in- but how far in advance can you do this, is it the day before or a few days? Looked through the Virgin info but couldn't find this!
Thanks
Katie
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

I did it 4/5 weeks before I went. I don't think there is a limit. Only think is when we got there and went to our car category got in the car we chose, went to gate and was told that they couldn't do the paperwork for my OLCI so had to go to the desk. I think this was a computer glitch at the gate and not the rule.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kevdb
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Katie C View Post
Hi everyone
We've booked an Alamo rent a car through Virgin and would like to do online check in- but how far in advance can you do this, is it the day before or a few days? Looked through the Virgin info but couldn't find this!
Thanks
Katie
Already done my OLCI with Alamo and we don't go for another 3 months
2003 Condo - Villas of Somerset, 2004 Villa - Indian Point, 2009 Villa - Highlands Reserve, 2011 Villa - Oak Island, 2012 Dibb Villa - High Grove, 2013 Dibb Villa - High Grove, 2014 Villa - Oak Island, 2015 Dibb Villa - Highlands Reserve, 2016 Dibb Villa - Gulf Coast, 2017 Dibb Villa - Gulf Coast
Kevdb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

We have also booked car hire with Alamo via virgin atlantic today. I'm not sure why but i keep getting an error message when I try to check in online. We did get a good price though £498 for a standard suv for three weeks with additional driver, which I didn't think was too bad.
Did you also book today ? Maybe it takes a day or so to register with Alamo ?
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
May I ask how you do it before you get your tickets as I only have virgins booking ref, or is it hidden somewhere as I would like to do this too
ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

There is a direct link on the va website. Half way down on the book car webpage. If you click on this it takes you to the alamo OLCI. You can enter your VH reference here. Just enter the first five digits. Hope it works for you
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

If you book online ther is a link to the site in your email confirmation. You will need to have access to a printer to print off the rental agreement. You need to take this and your licence with you to hand over when collecting.

I did mine about 2 weeks ago.
Old 3 May 11, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

My Virgin Holidays reference is 4 numbers (****/S11).
I've tried putting this into the Alamo online check in and it's not accepted. What do I need to enter?
Just anxcious to get eveything sorted, we fly 2 weeks on Thursday although Virgin haven't even sent tickets yet. On the manage your booking section it still says tickets not yet sent!
Old 3 May 11, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Can anyone post the link to the online check for car hire please? As i did book online but just checked my email and it does not show me a link.

Many thanks
Old 3 May 11, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cass
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by itgirllouise View Post
Can anyone post the link to the online check for car hire please? As i did book online but just checked my email and it does not show me a link.

Many thanks
alamo/index.do?actio...t-alamo-virgin
cass is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread