Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 Jul 15, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

Highs, Lows & Driving...

We got back early hours this morning and as promised here are my tips highs etc, including the driving there and back.

I am going to start with the lows, a few more than we would of liked but we did only get back from Florida in January, so our judgement may be clouded.

Lows

queue jumping, oh my word it's bad & the cm's ignore it even if you point it out.

The lack of personal space, everyone stood so close behind you could feel them breathing down your ears

dirty toilets, filthy in fact. I have taken video footage to send to Disney. Take some anti bacterial wipes

heavy handed parents, I have seen this week children being hit/smacked/beaten so hard it made me want to cry dh intervened when a French man was hitting his 4 or 5 year old that hard he was falling over. Sadly the boy wasn't even crying, I don't want to think about what happens behind closed doors. We also saw a woman smacking around the face with the lidded end of a plastic bottle. That's not counting the slaps of legs in queues.

Children urinating in the queue lines

Very rude cm's, we asked a couple of questions to be grunted at. We gave up in the end.

Lack of magic, nobody greeted you or said good morning. (*) it was my birthday on Thursday, we asked for a birthday badge and was refused one from the guest services in Disneyland park. I did however have my own birthday badge on. Only one cm said happy birthday

McDonald's in Disney Village rude aggressive staff.

Rides breaking down, we got stuck on buzz light year twice, space mountain & rock and roller.

Highs

The weather was amazing for the whole time we were there

The Camp site we stayed at was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and it was very clean and tidy.

(*) the one cm that noticed it was my birthday was in pizza outpost in adventure land, she gave me 25% off our bill

watching Disney dreams on my birthday, brilliant show.

it wasn't as busy as we expected for this time of year, most rides were between 20-40 mins

getting on space mountain on our first day, it's closed for a refurb and we got stuck! it stayed shut the rest of the week!

loving tower terror just as much as we did last time.

Ratatouille & crush, loved these rides much more than we expected.

Driving

We had no problems driving there and back, the only sign we saw of the immigration crisis were the tents as we got to Calais on the way home. The French police are a big presence around Calais.

We did have an issue with our ferry on the way home due to the strikes, P & O were rubbish and didn't tell us they had cancelled our ferry. We finally got on a ferry 2 hours later. The M20 was closed to cars going towards Dover as we drove home last night and operation stack was on. Plan to go a different route

Final thoughts

Sadly, I don't think we will be going back to DLP any time soon. Which is a big shame as we loved it last time. It looks like our annual passes will be wasted. It might sound like we didn't enjoy ourselves, we did and had an amazing time. We just felt Disney should probably take a big look at how DLP is being run.
Old 25 Jul 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow Louise, I read on Facebook about someone who recently came back said the same about the state of the toilets!

I'm glad you still managed to enjoy it, I'd be interested in Disney's response to your footage!

Thank you for sharing your experience xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

My mistake, I thought you meant Orlando, lol!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Such a shame that the behaviour of some guests spoils it for so many people. I know there's only so much a CM can do (and they are often just teenagers themselves) but the amount of unpleasant things you have to witness (have seen the crush queue used as a toilet on several occasions) is just not magic!
Old 7 Aug 15, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

yup have to say the toilets are a disgrace they smell like they just wipe the pee around at night to clean the floors the only nice one's we found were by ratatouille, maybe because they are new... maybe if women would SIT DOWN on them istead of hovering and peeing all over the floor things would improve :angry:. Have to disagree about CM's we found them always polite and helpful...no they are not ha ya'll in your face like in america, but it's not america, never met a rude or grumpy one and we were there a week and dealt with lots with our disabled pass

Edited at 09:29 AM.
peagusus66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List