Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sorry to hear that because I dont recall it being that bad this time last year.

We are planning to go exactly a week today (saturday) around late morning to midday, and if you get a chance to let me know how today went I might change our plans if it's that busy.
I'll let you know how we get on. I am hopeful that it will be quieter, my guess is that in the evenings it's at risk of being the victim of it's own success, so to speak, I can see that as it's free to park it appeals as a place to go, hopefully once complete there will be more space for the crowds to spread out so won't feel so overcrowded.

This is our second visit to Florida, both have had to be in the summer holidays, my husband and I were saying yesturday that it will be lovely when we can come back at a quieter time of year, I'm sure it will be a very different experience, not to say be cheaper! Only another 5 years to go until our youngest child finishes school!
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFee
slightly serious Dibber

Oh dear, we went last June and it was hellish, hoardings everywhere and a severe crush at night through the hoardings.. Very very claustrophobic

I am hoping when we go next June i it'll be less hoardings, more Disney Magic!
FloridaFee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 15, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

You don't notice anything much at the Disney Marketplace, there's not much happening there. The work is all going on in the old pleasure island area and then it's OK again around AMC/House of Blues.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

Hi,

We went this morning, arrived about 10.30, much, much better than Weds evening, still plenty of people around, but nothing like the crush on Wednesday and we were able to wander around and browse in the shops and enjoy our ice cream, without any problems. Unless you need to be there in the evening, I would recomend going earlier in the day, certainly at this time of year. As I said before, I'm sure once it's finished it will be lovely.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi just back and we enjoyed it as usual , yes there is still a lot of work going on and another new car park to finish , road layout to be completed and also new restaurants and shops to be opened. The boat dock bar/grill is very good and will be complemented by another next door based on Indiana jones theme which we where told is being run by the pilot from the first movie. There is a new walkway to market place across the lagoon from the crab house boat , the worst area is the work beside raglin road which means you have only one way round which is congested . When finished there will also be a walkway along the waterfront which will make things easier
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 5gotodisney View Post
Hi,

We went this morning, arrived about 10.30, much, much better than Weds evening, still plenty of people around, but nothing like the crush on Wednesday and we were able to wander around and browse in the shops and enjoy our ice cream, without any problems. Unless you need to be there in the evening, I would recomend going earlier in the day, certainly at this time of year. As I said before, I'm sure once it's finished it will be lovely.
Many thanks for the feedback we will give it a try this coming Saturday morning.
Just me and the wife are doing Florida next year on our own (son will be at uni hopefully), at end of November early dec so it should be all finished at downtown (Disney springs) by then.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
Still at least parking wont be a worry for us as staying at SSR so can walk

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
adrian-sara
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mikey House we have been twice so far this holiday and it definately feels busier on a weekend, I would avoid Saturday
Sara
2010 Emerald Island villa; 2013 Indian Ridge villa; 2015 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2017 Indian Ridge DIBB villa; 2018 The Pillars, Ft Lauderdale, Hard Rock Hotel and Port Orleans Riverside; 2019 Sapphire Falls
adrian-sara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
When is it due to be finished?

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by *cath* View Post
When is it due to be finished?
Late Spring 2016
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread