Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 12, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Went with Aer Lingus direct in June last year from Dublin and it was superb. Flight crew were excellent especially when DS got sick. Gone indirect cheaper and wouldn't bother again after going AL. Going again with them this year! Can't wait!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 12, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We've gone via Dublin twice now and will never go any other way. Depending on when you book, flights work out c£500 per head, return.

We tend to head down the day before our flight and book into one of the hotels near the airport. They all have specials for stay and park for the duration of the holiday. Always find that this gets the hols off to a great start.

As previous posts have said, the AL staff are amazing and the planes appear to be relatively new. In flight service and entertainment are also really good. Clearing immigration in Dublin is a massive advantage, particularly when you can breeze through MCO without having to stand in the long immigration lines.
Old 24 Apr 12, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post

TC flights

I contacted TC last year to ask about direct flights from belfast for summer 2012, first person told me only two flights in July, second person told me none at all. So i put things off. The website now shows direct filghts from belfast for this year including June dates? Its a bit confusing to say the least
Old 24 Apr 12, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave9LPG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Thomas Cook have packages departing 5th July 2013 for 2 weeks. Looks like this is currently the only date but, as with previous years this can change.
When holidays were released a couple of years ago TC had no Belfast departures but then several months later they appeared on the site!
Dave9LPG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 12, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
we have used thomas cook last few times but 10 years ago flew aer lingus from dublin. i do like the convenience of flying direct, but is it much cheaper with al? i must say it is great to hear from so many dibbers from this side of the pond!
belfastbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 12, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
willow1288
Earning More Ears

Someone told me recently that if you live in Northern Ireland and have taken out your insurance with a British company when you fly from Dublin then the insurance is void because your technically departing from a different country.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this is true? and if it is would you need to get a policy from a southern company?
willow1288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 12, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jules_ni1
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by willow1288 View Post
Someone told me recently that if you live in Northern Ireland and have taken out your insurance with a British company when you fly from Dublin then the insurance is void because your technically departing from a different country.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this is true? and if it is would you need to get a policy from a southern company?
Ive heard that if you take independent transport to the airport then you are ok but obviously best to check your policy. What a disaster that would be!
Old 24 Apr 12, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave9LPG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

We flew from Dublin in 2009, phoned travel insurance company and was assured all fine..
Probably worth checking with a company before you buy.
Dave9LPG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 12, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
willow1288
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the replies, I'll call the insurers before I book anything.
willow1288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 12, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ChristieK0310
slightly serious Dibber

This is true for many insurers - especially ones based in uk because they count Ireland as separate county so U aren't departing from the uk which you must. but if you use public transport to get to Dublin then most said you were covered
But not if you drive - go figure?!?! I found all this out last year when I needed special insurance due to being in late pregnancy.

Turns out my own insurer who is from NI allowed Dublin departures so def worth a phone call or email to check
ChristieK0310 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread