Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 15, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

Congratulations on wedding planning:-)
We had talked about getting married in florida. So we booked our holiday and then told everyone we was getting married in orlando, we said we didnt expect people to join us but if they wanted to they could. ( that way the family & friends who couldnt afford to didnt feel bad).
In total we only have 7 of us. Which is my parents & grandparents. So no bestman or bridesmaid.
We gave people over 18 months notice . But its our day and what we want. If someone wants to really be there they will try to make it happen like my grandparents have.
Just keep in your head its your day and not to let anyone make you feel guility. My mum keeps saying little things about it been so far away and trying to interfer and i was getting so stressed. But after talking to my dad he reminded me what i was like before we book and why we was doing it.
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 15, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Linzmonkee View Post
thanks everyone

not long till i can get booked up for my actual holiday now

did if freak you out now booking the actual wedding util 9/6 months before? :S
So exciting!

We're booking our wedding now for Autumn '16; but we're getting married in Orlando, not Disney. I don't know how I'd feel not booking until 6/9 months out, but then again thousands of couples have done it; I'm sure you're in safe hands 👰

Your mantra; "It's our day, it's our day".
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dabootie
Very Serious Dibber

We are just in the process of booking our Memories package right now. The bit about 6 months for memories isn't even accurate lol! The calendar for booking changes at the end of the month which means it's actually 5 months for us as we can only book now at the start of June for early November. To be honest this was a holiday that has been planned for ages and we are just slotting in the wedding.

As for the original question, I posted a status on FB asking friends and family for their opinion on whether to go for Gretna or Florida. Most said to do what makes us happiest so we are going for Florida followed by a party with friends and family when we get back. We knew the only people we really wanted to be there were my kids and now that my daughter has confirmed she can come to Florida we are happy.
Dabootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 15, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well this weekend could not have gone better wedding wise!
My parents returned from their holiday and I told them our new ideal plan, they absolutely love the idea! Even got chance to speak to my brother, he understands the only way for me to do this with my parents is for him to stay at home and look after the dogs and he's totally up for doing it.
Then I spoke to my two absolute best friends. I thought one would def come as always wanted to go to Florida, the other doesn't get the Disney thing so I thought she probably wouldn't be up for it.
Well they are both 100% on board!
So looks like I'm now going to be focusing on a escape wedding! And I've totally fallen in love with Sea Breeze Point xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 15, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SPN Clann
Imagineer

SPN Clann's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 26
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Linzmonkee View Post
Well this weekend could not have gone better wedding wise!
My parents returned from their holiday and I told them our new ideal plan, they absolutely love the idea! Even got chance to speak to my brother, he understands the only way for me to do this with my parents is for him to stay at home and look after the dogs and he's totally up for doing it.
Then I spoke to my two absolute best friends. I thought one would def come as always wanted to go to Florida, the other doesn't get the Disney thing so I thought she probably wouldn't be up for it.
Well they are both 100% on board!
So looks like I'm now going to be focusing on a escape wedding! And I've totally fallen in love with Sea Breeze Point xxx
That's great! Always good when a plan comes together

It's very good of your brother to stay at home!
2015 - Rosen Inn, International Drive
2016 & 2017 - Our HalloWedding & HalloWedding Anniversary, Caribbean Beach
SPN Clann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 15, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

had my first no today, obviously expected but just hit me a little harder than i thought it would.
Think it was the fact my oldest friend in the world said she had cried because she wouldnt see my get married

dreading telling other people now, i know its our day and i need to focus on that but i still dont like upsetting people.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 15, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

We're went round and invited everyone we wanted to come in person when we decided on a WDW wedding.
Then on our three year engagement anniversary we put an announcement on Facebook to let everyone else know about it! We received all positive feedback from that post so we're happy.
Fleurlur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 15, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
When we got engaged family were asking us would we be getting married abroad and at the time we didn't know. Went to Orlando in 2013 and decided to see Cypress Grove and fell in love with it. When we came back we told family we had seen a place while on holidays and told them it would pretty much be an Orlando wedding.
We sent out Save the Dates in September 2013 and actual invites in March 2014 (October 2014 wedding) Although we gave people plenty of time to save and book we ended up with 28 guests out of inviting 60.
For us it was what we wanted as I hate being the centre of attention so a wedding in Ireland wouldn't have been my idea of fun. Getting married in Orlando we were able to treat those who traveled to a fantastic day. We didn't have a party when we got back as our wedding in Orlando was our special day. Two of my best friends and brother couldn't come which I was disappointed about but they did have good reasons (one friend pregnant, one friend doing her masters and my brother's wife gave birth the day of our wedding)

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

We told every one we were getting married at Four Seasons Las Vegas and had 10 of us there. A lot of people understood and we only upset one member, but hey, did not affect us in the slightest. I would not change the day for anything and if I had to do it again I would do it with the same people and in Florida. Pressure in UK can be tremendous so going away is the best thing.
Old 23 Jun 15, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread