Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 15, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

Tickets at Will Call window / Magic band at resort

Hello,

We're staying at POR so will be issued Magic Bands upon arrival. Our park tickets, however, are to be collected from a will call window. We have the numbers so were able to link it up to MDE to book FP+ etc.

Will we need to go to DTD/a park and pick up the actual tickets? I guess we'll get our Magic Bands seeing as they're our room key and all, but I guessing the bands won't have the ticket part activated until we give them the actual tickets? I hope that makes sense! I'm just not really sure how it'll work since we technically just have a voucher just now...
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 15, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

I'm interested in this too as I've done the same next year, when I asked they said the tickets are on the band but you have to go to the park to get them activated. I've booked both through Disney but not as a package

Seems a bit strange if they're all linked why you still have to go to guest services
Old 28 May 15, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

This year I already had a MB linked to my MDE (from last year), and got a new MB linked to my MDE (from this year's stay at Pop).

I bought my park tickets directly from Disney and linked them to my MDE. The park ticket confirmation email said that they were Will Call tickets and I needed to collect them.

I found on my first day that my MB worked perfectly fine to get me into my first park using my new park tickets. So never bothered to pick up my tickets at Will Call!

(Not sure if the fact that the system already had my fingerprint/etc from last year might have affected this though...)
Old 28 May 15, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
This year I already had a MB linked to my MDE (from last year), and got a new MB linked to my MDE (from this year's stay at Pop).

I bought my park tickets directly from Disney and linked them to my MDE. The park ticket confirmation email said that they were Will Call tickets and I needed to collect them.

I found on my first day that my MB worked perfectly fine to get me into my first park using my new park tickets. So never bothered to pick up my tickets at Will Call!

(Not sure if the fact that the system already had my fingerprint/etc from last year might have affected this though...)

Oh, this sounds promising but I guess we'll have to wait and see! I'm guessing the CM that checks us in will be able to tell us for definite - if we need to get the actual tickets, we'll probably do that when we get there rather than have to faff in the morning pre-park!
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 15, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SRP View Post
Oh, this sounds promising but I guess we'll have to wait and see! I'm guessing the CM that checks us in will be able to tell us for definite - if we need to get the actual tickets, we'll probably do that when we get there rather than have to faff in the morning pre-park!
Yup check with the CM at check in - I think I did this and he confirmed that I could go straight into a park with my MB without having to stop and pick up my tickets! Which was quite nice
Old 30 May 15, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If they are linked to your MB then you don't need them, you can still pick them up if you want them as a souvenir but there is no requirement to have them.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 15, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread