Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 09, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post

well, should it help you decide here are pictures of Thomson Premium Cabin, however come may the orlandos may well be on the FCA aircraft, or more than likely still on the TFLY one

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 09, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

we went with FC last year in premium and it was great this year we are with thompson so hopefully it will be the same
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 09, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post

We're going thomson premium in 3 weeks cant wait
Old 16 Sep 09, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Speaking with one of the air hostesses (sitting opposite while landing) she preferred the Thomas Cook plane's from her and customer POV.
Old 16 Sep 09, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clelly View Post
I don't know about TC, a bit biased as I work for Thomson. The service you get for premium is fantastic,with great leg room, upgraded meals,
Fantastic in every way unless you are diabetic and the diabetic meal you ordered when booking is not available on both outward & homeward flights. My only fault with them, everything else was good.

Russ
Old 16 Sep 09, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We flew TC PE this year, and we vowed that unless it was ridiculously cheap we would never fly with TC again. We have done PE with FC and that was brilliant, isn't that who Thomson have merged with? I would highly recommend that upgrade,

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 09, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

don't you also get access to the Royal Palm lounge at Sanford with Thomson?
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 09, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
I have just added premium to my booking for my december holday. I rang up twice the first time he said that sanford lounge was included. The second time she said no but I said I wouldn't book unless the lounge was added and included in the price so she added it to my booking so make sure you get them to double check it.
I am really looking forward to it so hope I am not disappointed.
Old 16 Sep 09, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Thomson.

We flew TC premium this year and it was horrible. A total waste of money as far as I'm concerned. Premium cabin was shabby, (and very, very, noisy!), seats were hard and uncomforatable, cabin crew very miserable, food below average and served up in cheap cardboard boxes with flimsy plastic knives and forks, only one 'free' drink handed out, so called sparkling wine on boarding was a nasty liquid served in flimsy platic cups, 'free' ice cream with film was melted, seat pitch is only 2" more than in economy, 'priority' baggage was among the last off the plane both ways, 'priority' boarding on the way home was a free for all, and I can't mention the most serious problem we had because it is subject of an official complaint - which has gone totally ignored by TC for the last two months and is now being dealt with by ABTA.

I know some people have had good experiences with TC, but I can only state my own. I would much rather fly Virgin economy than TC premium because, in my opinion, Virgin economy is a far superior service in every way.

Looking at the pictures I've seen of Thomson and First Choice premium cabins, they are a lot better than the one we had on the TC plane and they've got more legroom. There have also been several threads on this and other forums where TC have used rescue aircraft with less legroom, no seat back TV's and no premium cabin. This sort of thing seems to happen more frequently with TC than Thomson. I've also read on different forums that TC sometimes put premium passengers in extra legroom seats in the economy cabin.

For anyone who is booked with TC, I sincerely hope you have a good flight and don't have any of the problems that we had. Hopefully, flights like ours are the exception and the majority are good. As I said before, plenty of people have had good flights with them. Maybe we were just unlucky?
Old 16 Sep 09, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
You sure do, two free alcoholic drinks & free crisps etc.

Russ
Closed Thread