Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Sep 14, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

the best advice is to read the menus properly. There are usually "sides" of broccoli, sweetcorn, coleslaw, aple sauce etc which they will willingly substitute for you at no extra charge. They sometimes charge a bit extra to swap a baked potato for fries, but only 99 cents or so.

You can ask for no dressing on salads, egg white omelettes, skimmed milk, no butter on toast/sandwiches etc. low fat, sugar-free frozen yoghurt instead of ice cream etc. Some places now have meals under a certain number of calories or show the calories in the menu. I find US restaurants far more willing to make whatever changes you want with little or no extra charge.

It's worth looking at menus on restaurant websites to see whats available where.

Edited at 12:14 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyLover! View Post
There are more healthy options in the USA than here in the UK. I think most british just over indulge. IMO I find it disgusting. We cook a lot at villa or just have chicken, salad and a baked spud. If out, just have a healthier option, grilled chicken or fish, steak, salad, baked spud etc. Everyone has to make their own choices as to what they put in their own mouths!
Disgusting? Surely people are on holiday and are allowed to indulge?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Disgusting? Surely people are on holiday and are allowed to indulge?
of course they are, but not to then slate the US for not offering healthy food.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ballerina
Very Serious Dibber

Ballerina's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Will be on DDP for 10 days, where would I find a variety of vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, sprouts and cauliflower. I know there are salads, but will get tired of salads for lunch and dinner. I have been looking at menus and find most veg is broccoli which I'm not keen on. Like to have a balanced meal of protein, carbohydrates and veg, and it seems that to do this I would need to order two main courses at most restaurants.
Ballerina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
Will be on DDP for 10 days, where would I find a variety of vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, sprouts and cauliflower. I know there are salads, but will get tired of salads for lunch and dinner. I have been looking at menus and find most veg is broccoli which I'm not keen on. Like to have a balanced meal of protein, carbohydrates and veg, and it seems that to do this I would need to order two main courses at most restaurants.
just order one main and ask for a "side" of whatever veg that's served with the other main. If you watch Americans ordering food they ask for extras, things to be left off, substitutions etc so that they get the meal they want. I've done it myself and never had a problem.
Old 3 Sep 14, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Ballerina
Very Serious Dibber

Ballerina's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
just order one main and ask for a "side" of whatever veg that's served with the other main. If you watch Americans ordering food they ask for extras, things to be left off, substitutions etc so that they get the meal they want. I've done it myself and never had a problem.
Does this work with DDP? Also do they serve other veg except for brocollini?

Edited at 10:50 AM. Reason: Add on
Ballerina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

Try healthydiningfinder/home
Old 3 Sep 14, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread