Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Sep 14, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

:) Day before ... This time it will be different

THE DAY BEFORE

Today had finally arrived. It was the day of twilight check-in and overnight stay at the Gatwick Hilton.

I was up super early this morning, too excited to sleep. DD had spent the weekend with her dad, and wasn’t due home until lunchtime so I just had myself to wind up into an excited frenzy!

The morning began well, with tidying the house and changing the beds ready for our return. I do like to come home to a lovely fresh bed.

Mid morning soon arrived and off I went with Becki to get beautified ……. Well, to get waxed, plucked and painted! It wasn’t long after arriving at the beauticians that I remembered why I don’t get my legs waxed too often. Oh my god, it was absolutely agony! Luckily the waxing came first and then it was pamper time. I went for red nails with a Minnie Mouse twist on a finger on each hand, I thought they looked fab. They were shellac, something which I’d never had done before. (They were meant to last up to two weeks, but unfortunately they only lasted a few days. It seems the heat and humidity did not agree with them).

Beauty treatments finished and it was off home to seal up the suitcases and wait for my little princess to be dropped off back home.

I didn’t have to wait long until she was home. First thing she did was run to the Disney countdown chart to put on the last of the sticker. She was so excited, it was lovely to see. I was just bursting by this point!

A quick change into some old clothes, as these were to be left at the Hilton the following morning. I didn’t want to be carrying lots of clothes in the hand luggage. We were then ready to go!

We drove to our friends house as we were going to go to the airport together as we were all on one booking, and we were quickly all on our way to Gatwick.

Twilight check-in was very smooth. I took a buggy and a car seat and both were free in addition to our suitcases. I was provided with a big see though bag at check-in for the car seat, and I had bought a buggy bag for the buggy. Next time we were to see the luggage was in sunny Florida, yay!

My friend Becki and her DD wanted to stay at the airport for dinner with us, but the others didn’t so went home. We decided to eat at the Weatherspoons in the airport where becki had the Chilli, I had chicken ceaser salad and DD had chicken nuggets. Chicken nuggets featured heavily in her diet whilst away!

Becki and her DD then headed home, and me and DD headed over to the Hilton. We made a quick pitt stop at Marks & Spencer for some chocolate mousse for dessert, and some milk for bedtime. Staying at the Hilton the night before has turned into a tradition for us before holidays, so it felt like the holiday was beginning.

I requested a high floor so we could watch the planes, and it didn’t disappoint. The room was lovely, big and clean. DD and I settled in and had our chocolate mousse for dessert and chatted about our travel day tomorrow.

Next was a bath for DD and then bed. It took quite a while to settle her, although it took even longer to settle myself! A quick phone call to mum, lots of wishes of have a good holiday, and then I managed to drift off.
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Oohh a fab start, and it's getting me hyped up as I will be doing similar in not very long can't wait to hear more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Oh amazing, really enjoyed reading. x
Old 3 Sep 14, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start looking forward to more .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start
Old 3 Sep 14, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

This was a lovely read. I hope your DD and yourself have the best holiday x
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Magics
Very Serious Dibber

How exciting it's made me want to stay in airport hotel before my holiday have a great time looking forward to hearing all about it.
Old 3 Sep 14, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone :-)
Old 3 Sep 14, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

Can't wait for updates!
Old 3 Sep 14, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post