Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 14, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Where to drop family off at Disney?

The kids want to go to Disney for the day. Me and the good lady will have a day to ourselves (this will be a first for a LONG time) but whats the best way and best place where I can safely drop them off then pick them up later?
When I say kids, they are adults.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

That's a tough one.think you have to pay for parking quite a way away form entrance.don't know if u can drop off without paying.sure fellow divers sill correct me
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Omg predictive text! dibbers not divers.although sure some dibbers also divers lol
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

From personal experience, you can drop off for free at any Disney Park, you just have to tell the person at the paybooth and they will direct you. At Universal and Seaworld there are signposted drop off areas near the bus and taxi entrances.
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We used to drop our boys of at Disney and Universal before they could hire their own cars. no problem just tell them at the car park ticket booth you are dropping off and they direct you through. Do they want to park hop or are they intending spending the day in one park?

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Behappy
Apprentice Imagineer

Just tell the attendant at the booth that you are dropping off. A sign will be placed behind your wiper blade and you are directed where to go. The drop off is near the park entrances.
Old 2 Sep 14, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Behappy View Post
Just tell the attendant at the booth that you are dropping off. A sign will be placed behind your wiper blade and you are directed where to go. The drop off is near the park entrances.
Spot on. Anybody can do a drop off but you must leave the car park area as soon as you have done so. Likewise when picking up - it will be in the same place and you need to tell the booth attendant so they can issue the sign.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by florida buff View Post
Do they want to park hop or are they intending spending the day in one park?
Thanks everyone for the replys.

I'm not sure what their plans are yet. If it were me I'd go to AK, HS then finish off with MK
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 14, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
The last time I was in MK was with my eldest DD whilst my youngest spent the day elsewhere with her Dad who had the car.

They dropped us off as described above and we arranged for them to pick us up at the Poly after Wishes. The resort monorail is always a bit quieter and it also meant they could have a wander round the hotel and have a dole whip before meeting us.

Debra
Old 3 Sep 14, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

I dropped off at ALL the disney parks in aprill - piece of cake.

If you have a look on google maps, you can see where the drop off points are, as there is usually a sea of yellow taxis there - it would appear that Mears Checker cabs are the only ones allowed to wait there to pick up a fare that hasn't already been pre-booked, and they are yellow :-)
uktigg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread