Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 14, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

First time as an adult couple in July 2014

Hi there

I have been to Florida many times before but this will be the first time going with just my partner and I. I have drawn up what I know is a slightly exhausting itinerary but we are not massive fans of sitting about and resting (even though we will need to chill at some points because of that heat). What does everyone think of the following? We are offsite and staying in I-Drive.

Weds 2nd July - Arrival, check in at hotel, takeaway in hotel room, early night.

Thurs 3rd July - Rope drop for HS, leave park early afternoon for swim in hotel, return for Fantasmic dinner package 6pm at Mama Melrose and then Fantasmic in the evening.

Fri 4th July - Shopping at outlets and Florida Mall, early dinner Cheesecake Factory and then watch fireworks at Celebration.

Sat 5th July - Rope drop for Epcot, leave early afternoon, rest of the day hotel pool, mini golf.

Sun 6th July - Early start (6am) check in to Portofino Bay for 7am, spend day in IOA. Dinner in City Walk

Mon 7th July - Day in Universal Studios/IOA, watch fireworks in Universal Studios return to normal hotel.

Tues 8th July - Aquatica in the morning followed by Typhoon Lagoon afternoon and evening (never attempted this before, is this possible?)

Weds 9th July - Seaworld all day.

Thursday 10th July - Kennedy Space Center then a selected park in the evening.

Friday 11th July - Magic Kingdom until late afternoon, some shopping later that night.

Sat 12th July - Discovery Cove followed by Wishes Dessert Party 9pm.

Sun 13th July - Animal Kingdom (5ish) dinner then Fork and Screen cinema in the evening.

Mon 14th July - Busch Gardens shopping in evening.

Tues 15th July - Blizzard Beach followed by Universal park in the evening.

Weds 16th July - DTD check in early doors followed by a few rides in HS before ride back to the airport

I probably know this is an awful lot to fit into 14 days but we are not sure when we will be able to return so trying to make the most of everything.
Old 15 Apr 14, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Personally, I think you're trying to fit too much in and I can't see how that would be enjoyable. I know you say that you like to be busy, but jeez, this is way too much IMO.

You run the risk of not enjoying your holiday because of the busy plans.
If you left some stuff out, I'm pretty sure you'd have a better time.

Only you can decide of course, but that's my opinion for what it's worth.
Old 15 Apr 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Now I'm guessing your a young couple in which this case it's do-able, I would however be prepared to deviate from the plan if you need to, be flexible. I would have a second, short list of essential must-dos so you can make sure you don't miss stuff that you'll later regret... if that makes sense...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 10:41 PM.
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 14, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoman88
Getting Excited

Thank you both for your replies. I know it seems a lot and in my heart of hearts I probably know something will have to be cut but we are a young couple (25 and 26) who are used to being fairly exhausted plus as a teacher I can relax for 4 weeks after I come back
Old 24 Apr 14, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
No night time in Epcot last time we went before ds was born that was our favourite night time park.
Sure you will be fine and at the end of the day it's just the two of you so if you want to change anything it's easy done!
If I see two completely exhausted scottish people wandering round animal kingdom on the 13th July I will know its you
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

We go in October for 14 nights and are a couple(24 &26). We have no real plan yet. Other half doesn't think we need to plan too much as its just us 2 we can chop & changeand be more spontaneous!

Your plan looks very busy but if that is what you like then
However, i'd leave it quite flexible just in case you are sleepy or wanting a more relaxing day sometime!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 14, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it's a great plan, I've been 5 times now and still love doing everything and anything! If you enjoy being busy bees then I don't see any problem in fulfilling everything you have on your plan... if people think yours is heavy they should see my honeymoon one haha :-D. This will be our first time just the two of us we will both be 23. For me it's the adrenaline and excitement that keeps me going. Enjoy yourself!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 14, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Maeeva
Getting to know the DIBB

Looks ok to me as you have options to have a rest in the afternoons on some days. Not sure about the two water parks in same the day never done Aquatica.
Personally Typhoon Lagoon is a half day for me but my sister wants to stay there all day.
We were planning to have a more relaxed trip this time but have ended up doing most of the parks (some half days), plus Kennedy and still have time for shopping and the beach and a visit to relatives all in 15 days. We have extra teenagers on board this time who have never been!

We are going around the same time so are just prepared to see how we cope with the heat and be flexible and sensible with rests if we need.
Have fun!
Maeeva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Don't agree with Bats. Our plan was as busy as yours last time we went and I've got 40 years on you.
Old 25 May 14, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Don't agree with Bats. Our plan was as busy as yours last time we went and I've got 40 years on you.
Same here! We're OAPs and our idea of a rest day is Seaworld.

Seriously, the only thing we wouldn't do is KSC followed by a park night.

When we were younger (40s) we used to dump the luggage n go straight to Epcot. Wish I had that energy now

Have a great time!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread