Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Jun 08, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Alamo Credit Check?

Hi

I have been reading lots of posts about Alamo and the security deposit you leave at the airport. I have booked 3 weeks car hire with Dialaflight with Alamo with gold insurance. I gave them a ring today as I was concerned as I haven't got a credit card. I was told I could leave a $500 dollar cash deposit if I took 2 utility bills as proof of address and Alamo would run a credit check. Does anyone know if this is correct. I rented with Dollar last year and it was fantastic. Starting to regret booking with Alamo.

Many thanks Claire
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 08, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

i went with alamo in 2006 left a $200 deposit, showed them my return tickets passport and drivers licence and that was it the did not do a credit check as far as i was a where, thing perhaps have changed since then.

melanie jayne
Old 23 Jun 08, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smudge17
Excited about Disney

smudge17's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by maddica View Post
Hi

I have been reading lots of posts about Alamo and the security deposit you leave at the airport. I have booked 3 weeks car hire with Dialaflight with Alamo with gold insurance. I gave them a ring today as I was concerned as I haven't got a credit card. I was told I could leave a $500 dollar cash deposit if I took 2 utility bills as proof of address and Alamo would run a credit check. Does anyone know if this is correct. I rented with Dollar last year and it was fantastic. Starting to regret booking with Alamo.

Many thanks Claire
Hi
i have booked a number of times with alamo, i dont have a cc and have always paid with cash. I reserve on line and take it with me to the airport, i have to leave a $300 deposit and they dont do a credit check.

Marc
smudge17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 08, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by maddica View Post
Hi

Many thanks Claire
I fibbed when we got to Sanford on 12th June and said I wasn't aware a deposit was needed on a CC . The guy said to me he had to either swipe my CC OR leave a $50 cash deposit. So I guess they pretty much tell you what they want to! If I were you I'd get something in writing from them, so they can't tell you different when you arrive.

Old 24 Jun 08, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
fintywalker
Imagineer

fintywalker's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
we booked with alamo last year through usrentacar with no credit card and they didn't ask us to leave a deposit
Old 24 Jun 08, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for your replies you have put my mind at rest. I will take some dollars with me to leave as a deposit just in case.

Many thanks

Claire
Old 25 Jun 08, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rigstig
Imagineer

We have left cash with Alamo in the past. It was $100 per weeks rental, nothing else required except for my licence and booking voucher. Why would they need to do a credit check... they aren't lending you any money, you are giving it to them.

When we got our deposit back, it was paid with interest too. Im led to believe they have to. We got a grand total of .36c,lol

We used the money we got back for food and last minute shopping in the airport.

Stuart

Anaheim 2008

California, Arizona and Nevada road trips 2012,2014, 2019
Rigstig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 08, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post

As far as I know the Gold insurance cover with Alamo gives you multiple drivers, a full tank of petrol and they don't ask for a deposit credit card or otherwise.

The only thing that they might push is this extra insurance to cover road side assist. Just say no and you are out of there and on your holiday.
Old 25 Jun 08, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread