Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 12, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Quick intro The Archer Family

Hello from us.

Thought it a bit rude to just jump on without a intro, so here goes.

My wife and I along with our 2 daughters are off to WDW again this year.

We went together as a family in 2006 with our then 11 year old eldest (Victoria) and stayed in Movies. Loved it and it was a perfect time, first time we had stayed in a Disney hotel and loved it.

I was in the services and was based out in Jacksonville for a while, so had been in the past and stayed in the Grand Floridian (not sure what its called now but it's next to Wet and Wild) a few time with my then service palls. Just after the gulf war it was free to service men so we took regular advantage!

My how it had changed when we went back.

We had our second daughter (Emily) in 2009 (bit of a gap! ) and went back whilst our eldest still qualified as a child and Emily was free. I was suprised how much a then approaching 1 year old got out of it, definately loved the big furry characters and especially Winne the Pooh. She came back with a real collection of them!

The water parks were ideal for her (we introduced her to swimming very early) and she loves the water.

We did have one grumble, on this second trip to Movies, we were surrounded by school groups. That's not a issue and they were very pleasent and always singing in the ques's but at night they were very loud and running by the room doors shouting. not ideal when you are trying to get a young one down (and stay down! ).

I went to reception on the 7th night of this and although I am not a big complainer, they instantly sorted it out. I only wanted to move to a quieter block but they said it was completely understandable and that here were the details to our new hotel, to pack lightly and they would do the rest and bring it over.

The had upgraded us straight to the Wilderness lodge for the remainder of our stay (14 nights)! I couldn't believe it and did not expect that level of attention at all.

In hind sight, it was a great move for them. Guess where were going for 3 weeks in 77 days (and counting!) time!

Wilderness lodge.

It took some saving up and although you spend the time in the parks, we purposely booked 3 weeks to take it easy a bit and not to rush. We have enough in that in our jobs!

Victoria is flying out a few days after us and going back a week earlier but with booking with Virgin and the baggage taken care of, I think this may be easier. It also means we dont have to hire a huge car just to get the bags in from stanford too (though my idea of getting a little car for a week or so in the middle has now gone out of the window as i am being pressurised to get a softop! )

As for the Virgin bags thing, do they collect them from the carrosell and load them up to the bus, to meet you at the resort or do you collect them and give them to the driver?

Anyway, we simply cannot wait. More than anything, our enjoyment comes from seeing our two enjoy it. Simply priceless.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Hi & welcome! Happy planning
Old 12 Apr 12, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello,
Welcome to the Dibb,
Enjoy your planning,and ask if unsure.
Simon.
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Heya and a warm welcome to the dibb
XTracy
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi and welcome
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Hi & Welcome
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi and a warm welcome to you !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Dibb.

Enjoy the site and of course your upcoming holiday! WL is so nice and one I would like to stay in!
Old 12 Apr 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Hello and welcome x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread