Notices

Old 4 Feb 11, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cinderbella
Excited about Disney

The Year Of The Wedding, 10 And Counting

Hi everyone ,

Thought I would start our pre trip report after Christmas, so I will post on the 1st Friday/Saturday of the month..

So lets get started,
We’ve been going to Florida since 2000 This year will be our 8th time and what can I say we’ve got the bug!

While in Florida last year Paul my OH bought me two beautiful rings (engagement and wedding rings) I have always wore two rings on my wedding finger so I didn’t think anything of it I was just excited about getting 2 new DIMOND rings. When we came home Paul asked me to marry him. To let you understand Paul and I have been together for 25 years we got engaged at 16 lived together had two hansom sons went holidays to Florida and have had a wonderful life together , so now we have decided to take the plunge and get hitched on the 26th sept 2011.…… on St Pete’s Beach

So the cast
I will start with the 1st group of 10 to book

Me , Jackie will be oh no the big 40 on my next birthday, I will be celebrating this in Florida just before we get married on the 23rd Sept, love Florida and the chief planer, nearly forgot to say I cry every time I see Cinderella’s Castle in Magic Kingdom.

Paul, my OH he will be the big 40 just after we get married on the 3rd oct , he loves to see peoples faces the 1st time they got to Florida and thinks everyone should go to Disney at least once in there lives,

DS1 Wee Paul, “Wee Paul” who is not so wee now will be 21 by the time we go.

DS2 Mackenzie, he will be 13 by the time we go and yes he will be a moody teenager as he’s getting there just now! :angry:

DGS (our dear grandson) Cole he will be 3 when we go, he comes into our room in the mornings and asks “granddad tell me about Florida with a cheeky wee grin on his face” its going to be good with the magic back again. Cant wait to see his wee face.

Robyn, Wee Paul’s girlfriend and Coles mum 1st timer so again cant wait to see her face when she sees the parks, the beach and most of all the Malls and outlets.

DM (my mum) Margaret has been to Florida nearly every year with us apart from last year. Paul calls her the BATTELAXE, she is the same as me cries when she see’s Cinderella’s Castle.

Melissa, my young sister also my bridesmaid and my zumba partner, she `s not like mum or me no tears are shed when this young lady see’s the Castle! But we love her just the same.

Michelle, our dear friend, love s anything Disney and gets very excited when we talk about the wedding , Disney the beach you name it she’s excited, I couldn’t ask for a better friend.

Robert, our dear friend and Michelle’s OH and Paul’s Golf partner and just an all round good guy.

That’s the 1st 10 cast members.

To Be Cont...

Check Out My Pre Trip Report Below!
The Year Of The Wedding 10 And Counting!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=481478
cinderbella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Wow, how lovely getting married in Florida after all these years and having so many people that are close to you there will be amazing.

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Fantastic. Looking forward to sharing the planning with you each week. I love reading about Florida weddings.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 11, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Love your pre trip report so far.

23rd September will be the first anniversary of our wedding in Florida.

Many congratulations.
Old 6 Feb 11, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cinderbella
Excited about Disney

Cont from above…..
That us all introduced to you guys, now to start letting you know what we’ve got planned!

Christmas and New Year was good, even better to get it over and done with Michelle and Robert were away to a log cabin in Loch Lomond Michelle took ill and they had to call an ambulance she got rushed into hospital and she had to get her Gallbladder removed ! What a start to the year, she’s all better now.

Time to start planning.
Wk2 Jan
My mum, Melissa and me went to a wedding fair in the Bothwell bridge Hotel, it was OK, most of the brides to be that were there went getting married till 2014/15, I couldn’t believe it I thought I better get my butt in gear and start planning.
We ad already contacted the Grand Plaza in St Pete’s about the wedding and provisionally booked we are dealing with Kristi and she is a great help, we couldn’t do this without her, she is our “Wedding Planner” woooooooI didn’t think I would have got married never mind a wedding planner.

Wk 3 Jan
The next step was to book our reception for when we got home so that all our friends and family can enjoy our happy event, we tried a few places but we wanted somewhere our friends and family could get together have a few drinks something to eat and a good jig, so we booked Cumbernauld New Town Hall for our reception and booked a mobile bar, so that’s just the buffet and Dj we have to arrange. Michelle designs and hand makes cards and invitations so she is doing that for me, she is very creative.
Wk 4 Jan
Next on the list was the dress, I had an idea of what I wanted so I didn’t think it would be hard, my mum Melissa Michelle and I went out last week to have a look, we went to the 1st shop, I had made an appointment so I tried on 4 different styles of dresses, we all liked the first one I tried on but that was me the lady that was dealing with us came back with a card with the price and the name of the dress and told me that if I wanted that one I would need to allow 6/7 months for delivery, I didn’t think she was very helpful!
We went for lunch and started heading to the next shop, we noticed a shop we didn’t even know was there and decided to go in for a look what did I have to loose.
When we went in we were greeted right away with a lovely lady asking if we needed any help, we told her we were just looking but the next thing I new I was trying on dresses one was nicer than the other but the last two I tried on were the favourites, I went home and had a think, went back the next day and bought one and it was in the sale so I got a bargain well done me! Just need to get Melissas dress now I don’t think that will be as easy! lol
Oh and nearly forgot to say another 8 of Paul’s family has now booked to come to the wedding,
The Buchannan’s.

Sandra and Johnny, Paul’s sister and brother in-law,
Derek and Ashton, Sandra and Johnny’s son and grandson,
Claire and Aaron, Sandra and johnys daughter-in-law and grandson,
Sheryl, Sandra and Johnny’s daughter,
Wee Cobie, Sandra and Johnny’s grandson.
Now its 18 and counting!

Wk 1 Feb
Michelle has been working on ideas for our Save The Date/invitations she hasn’t let me see her design yet but we have to go on sat to see a sample, cant wait…….
OMG! she has really out done herself this time, I will post a picture next month to let you guys see them they are beautiful, as I said she is soooo creative Idont know were she gets her Ideas but they are amazing.
Thank You so much xxx I know she will be reading this as she is a fellow dibber.

Well that’s all for now

I will catch up with you guys soon and let you know what our park plans are. xxx

cinderbella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 11, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab start... look forward to reading more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 11, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
sounds as though you are going to have a blast! Where will you all be staying?
shirley is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 11, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cinderbella
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
sounds as though you are going to have a blast! Where will you all be staying?
Hi Shirley,

We will be staying 3 nights i-drive, TBC
4 nights at the beach Grand Plaza, St Petes
7 nights in a villa, Famosa Gardens.

And the Buchanans are staying in a villa in Indian Point.

I cant wait!

Old 8 Feb 11, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Wow, lots of you going sounds like a great line-up! Can't wait to read more
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 11, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

miss

We are all really looking forward to the wedding cant wait . Oh and dads looking forward to the rays vs yankiees ( naw hes only kidden ) xx from the BUCHANANS X

Edited at 08:47 PM. Reason: mastake
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List