Notices

Old 3 Aug 13, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Good that you found some shoes that aren't going to hurt your tootsies - blisters are just evil ! Hah, I remember years ago we picked the day of the London Marathon to visit the Millenium Dome (shows my age) so I did have a quiet chortle at your Westfield experience - I mean we dibbers are supposed to be expert planners !
And yes I weighed the cases today and we have two weeks to go, so you are not the only one ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Good that you found some shoes that aren't going to hurt your tootsies - blisters are just evil ! Hah, I remember years ago we picked the day of the London Marathon to visit the Millenium Dome (shows my age) so I did have a quiet chortle at your Westfield experience - I mean we dibbers are supposed to be expert planners !
And yes I weighed the cases today and we have two weeks to go, so you are not the only one ...
He he - I blame my friend for the mishap, she set the date, and isn't a Dibber!

Not long for you too - exciting times ahead
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 13, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Came across after reading your HP trippie, what a trip you have planned!

Can't wait to hear what your oh makes of it all, but am sure he will love the bits that are geared towards him! Shame the steam train tour isn't going ahead.

Well done on the shoes as well, nothing worse than sore feet, never thought I would hear myself say that as it is one of my Mum's phrases, but needs must and all that! Clearly I am getting old, lol!

Have a wonderful trip, your countdown is looking so exciting now and looking forward to reading on your return
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 13, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Came across after reading your HP trippie, what a trip you have planned!

Can't wait to hear what your oh makes of it all, but am sure he will love the bits that are geared towards him! Shame the steam train tour isn't going ahead.

Well done on the shoes as well, nothing worse than sore feet, never thought I would hear myself say that as it is one of my Mum's phrases, but needs must and all that! Clearly I am getting old, lol!

Have a wonderful trip, your countdown is looking so exciting now and looking forward to reading on your return
Thank you. I agree that nothing is worse than sore feet, still desperately walking my trainers in! My old comfy converse that I had years went to shoe heaven recently (I even went as far as supergluing the sole back onto them!) and I've kept putting buying new ones off as my feet are so fussy.

I'm thinking I'll take my gym trainers as well as they are so comfy and give lots of support, but as they look like this:

I'm not that keen on wearing them outside the gym!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 13, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Those of you that have been following my other threads will know that we had to take the heartbreaking news to cancel our trip next week due to serious family illness.

However, there are plans in the pipeline for Christmas 2013 so watch this space as the bacon rolls might still be coming to you... !
Old 11 Aug 13, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Yes, yes, yes, go for it, a glimmer of light in this dark time for you x

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 13, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Only just caught up and didn't see you other thread - so sorry to read your update , hugs and best wishes and good that you are still planning to go later this year
Take Care x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 13, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Only just caught up and didn't see you other thread - so sorry to read your update , hugs and best wishes and good that you are still planning to go later this year
Take Care x
Thank you - enjoy your trip and I'm sure we'll get there at Christmas.

So what shall I call my new trip report?

I'll have to add on 14 bacon rolls as they'll be another 14 weeks of term to get through!

'The One with the 52 Bacon Rolls! - 38 Wasn't Enough! '