Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 15, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
pipster
Proud to wear my Ears

recomendations for first time Disney 4 night cruise to Bahamas

Hi,
this is our first Disney cruise aboard the Disney Dream in August for a 4 night cruise stopping at Nassau and Castaway Cay as well as a day at sea. We are a family of 4 with DS aged 13 and 15.
I know we only get to book 75 days out so most of the popular trips/excursions etc will be gone but I would love to hear about any recommendations for the trips or the on-board experiences that a newbie to cruising should book!

Thanks,
Phil
pipster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi Phil
I really wouldn't book anything, just relax and enjoy the cruise!

Buy some snorkels and masks from Walmart before you board the ship to use on CC .. leave them in the bins provided if you don't fancy taking them home.

If I had to book anything, it would probably be a para gliding trip on CC, but we've always bene happy to just get off the ship and relax. The clubs for the teens (and children) all transfer to the island for the day so there will be acitivities for them both if they don't fancy the relaxing!

Honestly, don't worry about booking things ... you will need all of your 4 nights to explore the ship and CC!
Old 24 Feb 15, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pipster View Post
Hi,
this is our first Disney cruise aboard the Disney Dream in August for a 4 night cruise stopping at Nassau and Castaway Cay as well as a day at sea. We are a family of 4 with DS aged 13 and 15.
I know we only get to book 75 days out so most of the popular trips/excursions etc will be gone but I would love to hear about any recommendations for the trips or the on-board experiences that a newbie to cruising should book!

Thanks,
Phil
I agree with Bats. Did our first cruise in September and it was a three night Bahamas, we booked nothing and still didnt get to enjoy the ship as much as we wanted to. Castaway Cay os awesome enough without booking anything

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

We did the short cruise last Novemeber on the dream.

To put it bluntly it's not enough time, you will wish it was longer!

You will deff book another and I bet you absolutely love it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 15, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mattie1989 View Post
To put it bluntly it's not enough time, you will wish it was longer!
This is what worries me
Old 1 Mar 15, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pipster
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for your kind and well thought out reply, you appear to have a little (!) knowledge about cruising and may have done one or two before ;-). After careful consideration think we will go with your recommendation, just sit back and enjoy the cruise.

Thank you all for your replies
pipster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 15, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We are doing that, nothing! Not even getting off the ship at Nassau.
Just doing Fish extenders fun, meeting new ( and DIBB ) friends in the sailaway group and going to our DVC meeting instead.
Just realised that's not really nothing, lol!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
onlyholly
Imagineer

We've just returned (Sunday) from our 4 night Bohamian cruise on the Wonder stopping off at Castaway Cay, Nassau and Key West.
We rented bikes on Castaway Cay which was fun but due to windy weather all water sport activities including snorkelling/tubing etc were cancelled.

We had a wonder around Nassau and a few cocktails in Seņor Frogs mainly to use their free wifi at Key West we walked the length of Duval Street stopping off for refreshments along the way. Weather was hot hot hot for the whole trip. After four nights I was beginning to feel a little closed in and thought Adult entertainment was lacking during the day. Most bars/lounges didn't open until after 6pm and the couple that were had no atmosphere. Crew restaurants/food, service and cleanliness of our stateroom were exceptional. Just had one bad meal in Parrot Cay which our head server was mortified about and tried to rectify as best he could. Overall a great trip but would have to look into entertainment on longer trips especially "at sea" days. I'm not good at just sitting around especially at overcrowded pools.

Catriona
onlyholly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 15, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread