Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Nov 14, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love your villa, it really does look huge.

I hate the wait on the Magical Express before you set off; after a long day of travelling it just prolongs the torture.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 14, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I meant to ask, how did you find the location of your villa at OKW?

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 14, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Holidaylover19 View Post
Good travel day!

Magical Express is a bit of a pain to get to. We also had to wait for 10-20 mins before we finally set off because they had to fill the bus- but there was only a handful of other people onboard by the time we went anyway. But there's cartoons and the video's pretty cute.

OKW looks lovely! Very big room. Shame it's so spread out.

I decided I was going to go to DTD when we got to Disney too- yeah, that never happened. Like you we only had the energy to eat dinner, explore a tiny bit and then to bed!

What did you think of staying onsite in general?
Hi!
We LOVED staying onsite and i'm 100% converted. I would stay there again in a heart beat IF the dining plan offer was on. It's all the added perks that make it worthwhile too, like the magic bands. The ease of getting to the parks and not having to drive everywhere was an added bonus too. That said, if the dining plan wasn't on, I don't think we could afford it as the food was so expensive... but then we did eat in the parks every day and had a lot of character meals.

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I meant to ask, how did you find the location of your villa at OKW?
Hi
The location was OK. We were hoping to be closer to hospitality house, but was happy in building 32 as I knew that buildings 30 and above had adjoining doors between the bathroom and laundry room. We were close to a bus stop too.

We did walk back from HH one night which took about 10 minutes. Most of the time if we wanted to go to DTD we took a bus or drove to HH and then took a water taxi. Buses were frequent but we drove to the parks most days. I would stay in the same building again.
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 14, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
Thanks everyone!

Hi!
We LOVED staying onsite and i'm 100% converted. I would stay there again in a heart beat IF the dining plan offer was on. It's all the added perks that make it worthwhile too, like the magic bands. The ease of getting to the parks and not having to drive everywhere was an added bonus too. That said, if the dining plan wasn't on, I don't think we could afford it as the food was so expensive... but then we did eat in the parks every day and had a lot of character meals.

Hi
The location was OK. We were hoping to be closer to hospitality house, but was happy in building 32 as I knew that buildings 30 and above had adjoining doors between the bathroom and laundry room. We were close to a bus stop too.

We did walk back from HH one night which took about 10 minutes. Most of the time if we wanted to go to DTD we took a bus or drove to HH and then took a water taxi. Buses were frequent but we drove to the parks most days. I would stay in the same building again.
Brilliant, thanks Aimie. I think we will be driving most of the time next year too.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 14, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Great travel day, though I've found myself wanting some Play Doh for some reason. The VA economy food definitely sounds like it's been improved.

Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
I took Amelia to the loo several times. Something that continued throughout the holiday.
I can relate to this - Izzy's exactly the same, must be a little girl thing. Our February 2015 travelling party includes 3 little girls so I'm not planning on getting much done!

We used the Magical Express last year but we were only discussing this the other day and have absolutely no recollection whatsoever about how to find it! On a positive note, your OKW villa looks lovely! The kids did well to stay up so late without any major meltdowns.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 14, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

A great but full on travel day. Laughing at the playdoh. I remember trying to keep things a secret from our dd for later on in the flight in case she got bored and she sported it straight away and then wanted it immediately.

Your room looks lovely.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
cant wait to read more
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Great travel day - all went very smoothly and your room is gorgeous! Wow xx

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 15, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A very good travel day

Joan
Old 18 Mar 15, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
*sigh* you finally made it!

It's never fun is it, but worth it in the end.
I find plasticine better then play dough on flights 😉

The room looks great!
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List