Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandwevans
I want to go now!

Can I ask a related question..

There are four of us travelling and we have paid for 3 lots of additional baggage (up from 20kg to 25kg) - so that's 95kg in total..

There is a limit of 23kg per suitcase/bag (due to baggage handling rules) so if we were to use our full allowance we would have to check in an additional bag..

Having looked at this thread I am now concerend that we will be charged to bring back an extra case

anyone been in this situation before?
Sandwevans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Happyjo40
Excited about Disney

Wink

Originally Posted by disneyhol View Post
Hi everyone

Sorry if this has been posted before but -
Has anyone brought an extra 'normal' size suitcase back home with them to the Uk from Florida? :-)

We were thinking of buying one cheap from Walmart and was wondering how much airlines generally charge for you to bring an extra one home. We are flying with Virgin if that helps.

Thanks!
There are 4 of us, but only take 3 cases. We try and take minimal clothes, great advantage of Villa. But we do pack a large holdall to use for extra goodies! But yes we have a few Walmart cases in our collection!
Happyjo40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tee1
Imagineer

We flew out with three full cases last time we went, but had a fourth inside one of those... four of us went.

So came back with 'four' with goodies in and there was no extra charge.

tee1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Apprentice Imagineer

1612's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 123
Thumbs up

We did it once .I think it was £3 per kilo, if my memory serves me right. Depending on your suitcase size or what you have in it.eg feathers or bricks. 20kilos £60/26kilos £78 etc

The Clarke Family. Holidaying at Disney every year since 2000!
1612 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Its always surprised me how much you can get in a suitcase and still be under the 23 kg weight limit.
We have bought quite a few of the space saver bags that you vacuum out the air to maximize the amount we can fit inside the cases. I have never gone over my limit as we fill the cases as we buy and check with a luggage scale each time they look full.
Luckily we have never had our hand luggage checked for being overweight, many a time we have filled our hand luggage to capacity on the last day and barely been able to lift them into the overhead lockers.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mummykj
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Sandwevans View Post

There are four of us travelling and we have paid for 3 lots of additional baggage (up from 20kg to 25kg) - so that's 95kg in total..

There is a limit of 23kg per suitcase/bag (due to baggage handling rules) so if we were to use our full allowance we would have to check in an additional bag..

Having looked at this thread I am now concerend that we will be charged to bring back an extra case

Yes this confused me for ages too but as far as I understand it now it works like this.
The max of 23kg per case is for safety reasons but it's also the standard premium allowance per passenger (on Thomson anyway). You could buy as much extra baggage allowance as you want at £10 for each 5 kilos but none of those bags would be over 23kg each.

So in a family of 4 taking 4 cases at 23kg each, one person could have an second case weighing 15kg and that would cost £30 with a family total of 5 cases.

Empty hold-all in the outgoing case is genius by the way - Pinterest worthy!
Champions Gate Oct 2022
mummykj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandwevans View Post

I woudl check with your airline Thomas cook state they can take cases upto 32KG!
I would assune you wouldn't need a 4th case and doingso may require you to pay further charges

as per the earlier query I'm using one of these
amazon/Folding-Whe...olding+holdall
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney suitcase

I've bought a Minnie Mouse Disney suitcase for GD but as GS too young to have his own they are going to share this. It's Samsonite and cost £79, 66cm. I googled Disney suitcases and managed to buy one not from Samsonite but from another retailer and it was 20% cheaper. It's black with big spots and a Minnie head and big red bow on it. GD picked it out from all the pictures I sent her. Have to say it was my favourite too so I was pretty pleased. It came within 4 days. A lot different from the $200 over in US.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread