Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 16, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

ticket validation

Hi all

My and the other half are due to fly out for 2 weeks at the end of december to orlando. We will be ordering a flex ticket for all the parks and have been told we will need to activate the tickets for all the parks (Disney, unversal and seaworld) within the 1st 2 days for them to be valid for 14 days. Its ewther that or pay for 2017 tickets which have a £100 price hike.

My questions is there a quick way to do this? I would rather not rush to 3 parks in the 1st 2 days and pay for 3 lots of parking if there is a quicker easier way.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
Hi all

My and the other half are due to fly out for 2 weeks at the end of december to orlando. We will be ordering a flex ticket for all the parks and have been told we will need to activate the tickets for all the parks (Disney, unversal and seaworld) within the 1st 2 days for them to be valid for 14 days. Its ewther that or pay for 2017 tickets which have a £100 price hike.

My questions is there a quick way to do this? I would rather not rush to 3 parks in the 1st 2 days and pay for 3 lots of parking if there is a quicker easier way.
Hmm. First, a Flexticket is only applicable for the Universal and Seaworld parks, not Disney. Unless your ticket seller is confusingly using a similar name for it's combo of Disney/Universal/Seaworld tickets as the Orlando Flexticket?

I assume you're heading to Orlando at the very end of December - 28th or 29th, something like that?

Then, yes, if you have 2016 tickets then you need to use them to enter your first park at each of the park groups before the end of 31st December. So you will need to enter a Disney park, Universal park and Seaworld park before the end of the year. Unless you do have a Flexticket for Universal and Seaworld in which case, as this is one ticket, you just have to go to either a Universal or Seaworld park.

There's no getting around this, I'm afraid. As most of your holiday is in 2017 you are actually getting a discount for this inconvenience. If you don't want the inconvenience and want to first visit one set of parks after 31st December then you'd have to get 2017 tickets for that set of parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Hi all

As far as I can make out the Flex Ticket expires at the end of December 2016, unless I am missing something, but I may be wrong, and as Nimbus says It's not valid for Disney. Below is taken from the Attraction Tickets Direct website.

2016 TICKET EXPIRY: Due to the closure of Wet n' Wild at the end of 2016, 2016 Orlando FlexTickets EXPIRE IN FULL on 31 December 2016. To receive the full 14 consecutive calendar days of admission to the parks, the ticket must be activated on or before 18 December 2016.

You may be better off buying one of the combo tickets. These are a combination of different tickets to get you into Universal, Disney, Seaworld etc, there are quite a few options. If you can give some idea of the dates you are going and what parks you want to visit, someone can try and help you.

Edited at 04:32 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Thank you all so far.

Sorry it's the Orlando freedom ticket I was looking at. I've looked at so many tickets now I get confused with the names. We fly out on the 29/12/17 for 2 weeks.When I've looked at the ticket it says you get 14 days from the date of activation but then it states it's valid for the year 2016. I rang attraction tickets direct and there response was you should be ok but we can't be a 100% sure. When I asked if I bought 2017 tickets instead they said no there not valid for your 1st days in 2016 which means we lose 3 days use in effect.

What we want to do is flick between the 3 main park types throughout the trip without the hassle of worrying if the tickets are valid.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Thank you all so far.

Sorry it's the Orlando freedom ticket I was looking at. I've looked at so many tickets now I get confused with the names. We fly out on the 29/12/17 for 2 weeks.When I've looked at the ticket it says you get 14 days from the date of activation but then it states it's valid for the year 2016. I rang attraction tickets direct and there response was you should be ok but we can't be a 100% sure. When I asked if I bought 2017 tickets instead they said no there not valid for your 1st days in 2016 which means we lose 3 days use in effect.

What we want to do is flick between the 3 main park types throughout the trip without the hassle of worrying if the tickets are valid.

I think the combo ticket would be valid if activated in 2016 but you will be hard pushed to do this. If you arrive on the 29th you would have 3 days to activate the three different tickets, including the day you land.

Maybe you can have a look at some different options. You could buy the Disney/Universal combo ticket from orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk [ use the code mse5 ], and the Seaworld Parks: Choose Your Adventure - Two Visits Ticket, from undercovertourist.com. You could activate the Disney/Universal combo over 2 days at the end of 2016, and the Seaworld ticket in 2017. This is just one option, I am sure there are ways that include buying Magic Your Way Tickets, or the Universal Park to Park Tickets, but this depends on how many days you want at the different parks, and can sometimes work out just as dear, or dearer than the combo tickets.

Maybe some other's can give some suggestions.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Sorry it's the Orlando freedom ticket I was looking at. I've looked at so many tickets now I get confused with the names. We fly out on the 29/12/17 for 2 weeks.When I've looked at the ticket it says you get 14 days from the date of activation but then it states it's valid for the year 2016. I rang attraction tickets direct and there response was you should be ok but we can't be a 100% sure.
The Orlando Freedom "Ticket" is actually 3 different tickets sold for one price. So you will get a Disney Ultimate ticket, a separate Universal Bonus ticket and a separate Seaworld 3 park ticket.

The first two tickets - for Disney and Universal - are both 2016 tickets and therefore you will need to activate them (i.e. use them to enter a park) before the end of December 31st 2016. It states in the Ts&Cs on ATD's website: "The Orlando Freedom Ticket is only valid to use in the calendar year purchased. 2016 Orlando Freedom Tickets™ must be activated on or before 31 December 2016".

However, I don't believe Seaworld's 3 Park ticket is year specific (ATD's website doesn't say it has to be used before the end of the year), so potentially you could activate the Seaworld ticket in Jan 2017 and I *think* this would still be valid.

Therefore, I *think* the following will work: visit a Disney park on 30th to activate the Disney 2016 ticket, visit a Universal park on 31st to activate the Universal ticket, and then visit a Seaworld park sometime in early Jan. Maybe.

However, instead of getting a combo, how about buying the tickets separately (as lyn says)? For example, you could get a 2016 Disney ticket to activate on your first or second day, and then get 2017 Universal and Seaworld tickets. From Orlando Attraction Tickets they would cost £594 (with the discount code), which is £1 less than ATD's price for their Freedom ticket.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Thank you all again. I tried again with adt and I think I have got somewhere on where I stand. They have now told me I must activate the tickets before jan 1st and that they would be valid for the 14 days from activation. To cover myself a bit more I got them to confirm this in a separate email so if the tickets did get rejected come 2017 Ive got some protection at least.

We managed to get the tickets in the end for £558 each as adt price matched against some random website i found trawling through google that to me look a bit suspect still better than paying £595. Downside is the 1st few days will be busy.

Ive set 2 plans on the day of landing we may go to disney in the eve as we land at 17.35 (dependent on how tired we are) then activate seaworld and universal over the next 2 days. Or plan to on the second day go to see world in the day and visit Disney at night followed by universal on the 31st.
Old 28 Jul 16, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Thank you all again. I tried again with adt and I think I have got somewhere on where I stand. They have now told me I must activate the tickets before jan 1st and that they would be valid for the 14 days from activation. To cover myself a bit more I got them to confirm this in a separate email so if the tickets did get rejected come 2017 Ive got some protection at least.

We managed to get the tickets in the end for £558 each as adt price matched against some random website i found trawling through google that to me look a bit suspect still better than paying £595. Downside is the 1st few days will be busy.

Ive set 2 plans on the day of landing we may go to disney in the eve as we land at 17.35 (dependent on how tired we are) then activate seaworld and universal over the next 2 days. Or plan to on the second day go to see world in the day and visit Disney at night followed by universal on the 31st.
Glad you got it sorted, enjoy your holiday
Old 28 Jul 16, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread