Notices

Old 26 Jul 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kerfromscotland View Post
Great plans, looking forward to reading more
Thanks, only wish I had more time to update! Time is flying by can't believe it's now only 2 weeks!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Great pre trip, we are at 29 days today and so excited! My pre trip is in my signature 😊
Thanks am off to read everyone else's pre-trippy's tonight!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Right 14 days to go (until we travel to the airport).

Still left to do :

API
Finalise and print off itinerey /ESTAs
Currency
Buy cereal to pack in luggage
Update first aid kit
Sim for phone so I can work away

On the plus side today I have placed the Garden Grocer order!

In recent weeks I have also:

Done loads of shopping for everyone (including me which is quite rare ). I have bought shoes (4 pairs for me , birkenstocks, Go Walks, Crocs Sandals and Wedge Fly sandals which are to die for). Clothes, managed to get some lovely dresses which fit me (very rare) from wierdfish (the Shareholders must be rubbing their hands together). Hot Tuna shoes for everyone! A Go Pro, plus accessories, (need to buy another I think as the kids will argue otherwise!), A travel adapter (essential!) and a heated hair brush thing which is a must since it will work in the US and my GHD's will not due to being ancient and not having the needed dual voltage. I have also become a fan girl (shocking at the best part of 41 years old) and have bought Harry Potter and Disney vests and T'shirts to wear in the parks!

Paid for all of the tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct (they will be delivered tomorrow!)

Now broke but happy!

Booked Fastpasses and ADR's - I have to stop going into MDE because I have an OBSESSION with messing with the ADRs. It is a bit unhealthy

Booked Disney Express ( I was considering car hire when we were on DXDPP ) but I have now decided a complete break is in order.

It's funny really a few months ago when I started the report I seemed to have so much time on my hands and spent most of it Disney dreaming (although obviously not on a cruise ship - I wish!) and now that I need to get my head into gear I'm busy with work and have the kids on the school holidays, so time is scarce.

Not complaining though the time is flying and given how busy we've been I'm more in need of a holiday than ever!

So I think I owe an explanation for the change in plan from Deluxe Dining right?

Well in a nutshell a couple of weeks before ADR date I sat down and realised that we would be constantly moving from ADR to ADR and even after all that we wouldn't be able to do all of the restaurants we would like to do given the fact that there are so many good ones. I also then did a calculation of the price of the tips on the Deluxe and cross referenced it against the 'cannot miss' dining choices and reverting to the normal plan ended up being a no- brainer especially given that I can upgrade DD to an adult to gain extra credits if I pay for her OOP.

So that was it, quick phone call to WDTC and sorted. As time has progressed with trying to sort out FP+ definitely the right decision.

So next update will be the itinery! ...
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not sure how I missed this one, fab pre trippy! Sounds like you have an amazing holiday planned.
We too said last years Florida trip was 'once in a lifetime' but guess what we booked to go back in 2017 after a month of being home 😁

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Eeee, how exciting! You go so soon! In my previous comment I said I'd love to stay at the Yacht Club sometime. Well, we're staying both there and RPR next year!

Hope you have an incredible time! x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, this is me just catching up with this pre-trippie! You have a lovely family and it sounds like an amazing trip.

I think you have done the right thing reverting back to the DDP, I found last year that even the DDP was quite restrictive with running to timings and plans etc for just 1 ADR a day, never mind 2. the option of a QS credit gives a little more freedom to take the holiday at a more relaxed pace.

I will look forward to reading your report on your return.