Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 26 Apr 11, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
brucefans
Excited about Disney

Universal/IOA Front of line passes

Can someone explain to me how this works please? I understand that if I stay one night in an Universal hotel we can have two days front of line access? I have already bought my tix so have I missed the boat or can I still take advantage? Any advice on a good universal hotel - which ones qualify etc? Sorry for the random questions but as you can tell, I'm confused

Advice gratefully received!
brucefans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

No, your tickets are separate from your hotel stay, so not a problem.

Basically you can check in early at the hotel and you get front of line access for all rides (except Forbidden journey and Rip Ride rocket) plus early entry to WWOHP. You can use your pass as many times as you want for front of line pass.

All three hotels count for the perk. I think Royal pacific resort works out the cheapest though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
No, your tickets are separate from your hotel stay, so not a problem.

Basically you can check in early at the hotel and you get front of line access for all rides (except Forbidden journey and Rip Ride rocket) plus early entry to WWOHP. You can use your pass as many times as you want for front of line pass.

Ooh can you - I thought you could just use front of line passes once per ride! Am I wrong?
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

All three hotels, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock and Portofino Bay give you FOTL benefit as part of a stay.

The FOTL does not include park entrance so you have not lost anything by having your park tickets already.

They are all decent hotels, which one is best is usually personal preference, post your group details ( adults/ children + ages) and you will get better advice on which one is better.

I doubt there will be one overall winner though.
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
[/B]

Ooh can you - I thought you could just use front of line passes once per ride! Am I wrong?
This is the big difference over the express pass plus passes.
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
brucefans
Excited about Disney

Hi all - thanks for the advice to date - I will be travelling with DH (age 40+! ) and 2 DS (aged 10 and 7) - which hotel would suit is the best do you think? I'd only stay one night as am booked into Marriott Cypress Harbour via our MVC exchange for the duration of our holiday. Thanks in advance x
brucefans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 11, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
brucefans
Excited about Disney

One more Q - do I have to book directly with the hotel to benefit or can I go via a third party such as booking.com if cheaper?
Old 26 Apr 11, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by brucefans View Post
One more Q - do I have to book directly with the hotel to benefit or can I go via a third party such as booking.com if cheaper?
It doesn't matter who you book with - we booked with Expedia. As soon as you check in you get your room key (like a credit card with your name and date of stay printed on it). It's this key that becomes your FOTL pass. The key is yours to keep, so even after you check out, you can still use it in the parks on your final day.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 11, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by brucefans View Post
How you book doesn't matter, if booking direct you can take advantage of the AAA discount if you have an AA card.
You can get other discounts on food and merchandise in the parks and citywalk with the AA card, so well worth the £9 or so for the cheapest membership if you shop around.

For 2A and 2C the room size doesn't really come into it too much.

RPR is the smallest standard room (335 Sq feet), then HRH at 375 sq feet with PBH the largest at 450 sq feet.

Personally with two younger children I would choose RPR or HRH.
RPR will normally be the cheaper of the two.

Note there have been some issues with universal hotels and booking.com regarding incorrect charging.
Unless there is a big saving over booking direct I would play safe.

You don't need AA membership when you book.
You can enquire about all three hotels on 001-888-273-1311.
Just ask for the "triple A" rate to get a price.

Use someone like discount dial 0844 200 9090 for 0.5p a minute call costs.
Old 26 Apr 11, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
brucefans
Excited about Disney

Thanks Jakey - we are AA members anyway so that's really good advice (what would I do without you, you've been my personal advisor lately, thank you )
Closed Thread