Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Apr 11, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Wink Dilemma!

Have had a really sad and horrible start to this year and had to cancel a very special cruise which had been booked To give us something happy and positive to look forward to we have decided to go back to Florida next year

We have found the villa we want and we know the date it's available when we want to go (and the villa is obviously very popular as its available dates for next year are already limited)!

Currently though I can only find Virgin flydrive flights for that date time (as the other flights aren't out yet)! There are Thomas Cook dates, but I am concerned that they don't appear to have a premium seating now! Not that I particularly want one of those, it just worries me that if there are none at all, what plane is that (last time we went to Florida we came back on an XL flight (through Travel City Direct) which was diverted to Halifax as it was too small fuel-wise to make it back without refuelling, and the flight was cramped and horrendous! We have decided that we now want to go back, but we want to try to avoid any chance of an horrendous flight if we can as that flight back ruined the holiday for us!

My dilemma - do I book the Virgin flight now (or do I wait and hope First Choice or Thomson release 2012 dates which coincide with our villa booking - and risk losing the Virgin one?
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 11, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

To save any more stress and give you that feel good feeling you are needing after previous disapointments I would say get it booked now.

Then you can relax and start to enjoy the prospect of your holiday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 11, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Yeh same here. Sounds like you coukd do without the stress and if prices for going ahead abs booking are within your budget I'd say go for it!

Sharon
Old 8 Apr 11, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
steph smith
Being a bit Goofy

if you can book thomas cook i would we have been 3 times if them they were good
steph smith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 11, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I've been with First Choice before and they were pretty poor. I agree with what the others have said, book now and relax and plan your trip. Virgin have always been great.
Old 8 Apr 11, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Now see that's another dilemma. We had a Thomas Cook flight by chance a few years ago. Were given that plane by Travel City Direct as our outbound flight. Flight was fantastic, couldn't fault it, but I have seen some concerns about them cancelling people's flights at late notice and changing planes to shorter-haul ones! I know all airlines have problems and normally I go for the best price to get me there (and then I have the extra money in my pocket for spending when there ) but based on the year we have had so far and the horrendous last flight back from Florida on an XL plane a few years ago, I don't want to be unnecessarily worrying about flights/planes etc (I just want to enjoy my planning)!

So I think I will look at booking the Virgin flights . Never flown Virgin anyway so it will be a first in itself.

Thanks for your advice Dibbers!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 11, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Great stuff - we look forward to helping with your planning!
Old 8 Apr 11, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread