Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 12, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
dww101
Dancing with Tink'

water park footwear

hi all

i was just wandering if aqua shoes would be needed for in the aqua parks or would we get away with out them?
dww101 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cypress
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 43
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dww101 View Post
hi all

i was just wandering if aqua shoes would be needed for in the aqua parks or would we get away with out them?
I find you need them otherwise you burn your feet, wow that floor gets hot
Old 10 Apr 12, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Chriscos
Helping Mickey

I remeber the last time we went aquatica had just opened and all I can remember is OMG! My feet are on fire. I don't know if it was the heat or the type of brick used on their path way but it was aganoy to walk on. You had to run from shade to shade. They had teams of staff going around constantly watering down the paths as it seems it was a big problem. The problem maybe fixed now but yes I would recommeded some sort of shoe
Chriscos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cypress View Post
I find you need them otherwise you burn your feet, wow that floor gets hot
I agree totally!
last time we went we were literally jumping from one puddle to another to avoid the scorching concrete, even though the puddles were like water out of a kettle!

we go on Monday (OH MY GOSH, I'm SOOOOO excited! ) and we each have a pair of pool shoes packed this time!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I bought our aqua shoes from sports direct website at the weekend

£5.00 size 9 and £4.00 size 5, dont look to bad either
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

i also agree with what everyone else has said. you need water shoes of some description or you will burn your feet. they have little jets of water spraying onto the ground which is lovely but you need protection. some slides you have to take your shoes off for and you can really feel the heat... i dont know how people can go to these parks and NOT have anything on their feet!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Carrotstickz
Imagineer

We find that there's no need for them unless you have little ones in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.
Carrotstickz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Letterhead
Serious Dibber

Letterhead's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Not only do you burn your feet, but in the wave pools it is real easy to scrape the skin off your feet due to the non-slip surface in the pool.
Letterhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Originally Posted by Chriscos View Post
I remeber the last time we went aquatica had just opened and all I can remember is OMG! My feet are on fire. I don't know if it was the heat or the type of brick used on their path way but it was aganoy to walk on. You had to run from shade to shade. They had teams of staff going around constantly watering down the paths as it seems it was a big problem. The problem maybe fixed now but yes I would recommeded some sort of shoe
We also went to Aquatica just once soon after it opened and I agree, there was so little shade there that the ground got really hot. It might be better now a few years on, as the vegetation will have had more time to grow.

I don't remember what Blizzard Beach was like as we only went there once but we went to Typhoon Lagoon loads of times both then and on our second visit and I don't know whether I've just got tough feet but didn't really need the shoes. There's a lot more shade there and even in July it was OK as long as you weren't waiting by a locker in full sun for your husband to turn up with the key! I sometimes just wore flipflops to walk to the lounger where we dumped our towels then didn't wear them again after that.

The bottom of the wave pool at TL is very rough so if you've got soft feet or you're taking young children you might need them for that, but again I was OK. Wouldn't have wanted to fall over in there though, and also don't sit at the edge as you'll get a bobbly bottom on your cozzie and get knocked over when the big waves come!

xxx
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
I agree totally!
last time we went we were literally jumping from one puddle to another to avoid the scorching concrete, even though the puddles were like water out of a kettle!
This was me as well

I did have aqua shoes but they broke so i had to run from puddle to puddle going ouch! ouch! ouch! at least i'm not the ONLY one
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread